Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Maddon is the new Cubs manager

Featured Replies

  • Replies 52
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$ talks, and I don't think he went after Renterias job like the article implies. You can't be mad at Maddon for taking the call and taking the $ that sets up his family for life.

 

And you can't be mad at Theo cause his job rides on whether this team wins or not. It's not personal, it's business.

$ talks, and I don't think he went after Renterias job like the article implies. You can't be mad at Maddon for taking the call and taking the $ that sets up his family for life.

 

And you can't be mad at Theo cause his job rides on whether this team wins or not. It's not personal, it's business.

 

I think the argument is that he shouldn't even interview with a team that HAS a manager.

I think the argument is that he shouldn't even interview with a team that HAS a manager.

 

That's stupid.

Hopefully the Cubs can go out and land Jon Lester this offseason

 

I think they will and I think they'll try for Hamels too

Renteria deserves better. Thought he did a nice job in his first year of managing the Cubs. Team remained competitive until the end of the season.

They finished last and 17 games out. They werent competitive 2 weeks after the season started.

I think the argument is that he shouldn't even interview with a team that HAS a manager.

 

If it is shown that Maddon has done this, he will have violated the most sacred rule in the eyes of managers/coaches. Talking to a team that still has a manager behind that manager's back is a definite no-no.

No shock at all, I figured as much as soon as I saw he was testing the waters.

If it is shown that Maddon has done this' date=' he will have violated the most sacred rule in the eyes of managers/coaches. Talking to a team that still has a manager behind that manager's back is a definite no-no.[/quote']

 

If it was the Reds none of y'all would care

If it was the Reds none of y'all would care

 

I don't really care if it is with the Cubs or Reds or anyone else. The managers throughout baseball will care however. Maddon might not give a rip if it what he wants though.

I don't really care if it is with the Cubs or Reds or anyone else. The managers throughout baseball will care however. Maddon might not give a rip if it what he wants though.

 

Lame

Joke all you want, NL Central execs don't like seeing this one bit and neither do their fans.

We will continue to joke until they get to a World Series. Until then continue the premature ejaculation all you want. :sssh::popcorn::lol2:

They finished last and 17 games out. They werent competitive 2 weeks after the season started.

My comment was that the Cubs remained competitive through the end of the season. Yes, they finished last, but they finished strong. From July 28 until the end of the season, Cubs went 32-29.

This is great for the Cubs and all, but it's not like Maddon is Bochy in the playoffs. Great hire and great coach, but a long way to go.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.