Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NBC - CBS - Fox - ESPN

Featured Replies

I hate espn but I like Gruden.

 

Can't stand Fox`s A team of Buck and Aikman but I like their production the best. If I had to rank I'd say Fox and CBS are 1&2...NFLN next and ESPN/NBC fighting for last.

 

Is it only the commercials that make you dislike NBC? Because besides that I would think NBC by far has the best production, but the amount of commercials do suck.

Carey gets it wrong most of the time, too.

 

I didn't like him as the white hat, so not surprised I don't care for his interpretations either, and you're right, whiffs a lot.

Nor any real news event...EVER!

 

:rolleyes:

The one thing Fox has going for it is Mike Pereira. CBS tried to mimic his success with Mike Carey, but he's just not that good at it.

 

Is it just me or is it sad we have to have a referee in game reporter because all the flags we get now?

I will go just by the announcers because I don't watch much of the pre-game stuff on any of the networks usually:

 

(1) NBC (easily) - Al Michaels is the best play by play guy I have ever seen in any sport and I really like Collinsworth A LOT - very insightful.

(2) ESPN - I think Mike Tirico is great. A true pro. I like Gruden and think he is getting better but I don't love him (I actually like Frank Caliendo doing Gruden better than Gruden himself:)).

(3) Fox - going by its top team (Buck and Aikman), I like them both MUCH better than CBS's top team.

(4) CBS - and a distant 4th. I like Nantz for golf but not so much for football and just think Simms is not as good as any of the guys above.

 

Is it only the commercials that make you dislike NBC? Because besides that I would think NBC by far has the best production, but the amount of commercials do suck.

 

No. I don't like the production on NBC. Hate watching football on that channel.

Carey gets it wrong most of the time, too.

 

It's comical on Twitter when they go to him. He makes refs look bad.

I hate espn but I like Gruden.

 

Can't stand Fox`s A team of Buck and Aikman but I like their production the best. If I had to rank I'd say Fox and CBS are 1&2...NFLN next and ESPN/NBC fighting for last.

 

 

I do think the games are better visually on Fox than anywhere else.

It's comical on Twitter when they go to him. He makes refs look bad.

 

It's tough to like Carey after watching him try to "steal the show" with a simple holding call for all those years.

NBC, ESPN, then Fox, CBS, NFL Network.

To be fair, you always get NBC's best because they only do one game per week and only have one team (same for ESPN). If you watch a Bengals game, you may get Fox's or CBS's 4th or 5th best crew. I see very little difference when watching a game on any of the networks.

 

Al Michael's is one of the greatest of all-time and Chris does a decent job, so I'll always favor NBC. The others are all bunched closely behind. I guess Nance and Simms would put CBS #2 for me. I don't particularly like Buck or Tirico and Gruden, so I'll tie CBS and ESPN for 3rd.

It's a crime that Gus Johnson is in NFL jail. Wherever he does a game instantly pushes that network to the top for me.

Could picture quality vary. I swear the picture Sunday night was extremely sharper than last nights.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.