September 12, 201412 yr I have no problem as I think most of us don't with someone disciplining their kids, but there is a line that can't be crossed.
September 12, 201412 yr So first Grand Jury decided not to Indict him, but a second one did? Was there new evidence presented to the second Grand Jury?
September 12, 201412 yr EXCLUSIVE Details On Adrian Peterson Indictment Charges « CBS Houston The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.” Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!” In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, “Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.” According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.” Doesn't sound very good.
September 12, 201412 yr Here is a photo of the alleged abuse. Courtesy of WCCO-CBS in Minnesota [ATTACH]46861[/ATTACH] No sense in that. That is child abuse.
September 12, 201412 yr If true this all definitely sounds over the line of accepted behavior...If True!
September 12, 201412 yr Here is a photo of the alleged abuse. Courtesy of WCCO-CBS in Minnesota [ATTACH]46861[/ATTACH] He did that to a child, he needs to go to jail
September 12, 201412 yr Sec. 22.04. INJURY TO A CHILD, ELDERLY INDIVIDUAL, OR DISABLED INDIVIDUAL. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly by omission, causes to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual: (1) serious bodily injury; (2) serious mental deficiency, impairment, or injury; or (3) bodily injury. "The Texas Penal Code broadly defines "bodily injury" as "physical pain, illness, or any impairment of physical condition." Id. § 1.07(a)(8). Any physical pain, however minor, will suffice to establish bodily injury."
September 12, 201412 yr Sec. 22.04. INJURY TO A CHILD, ELDERLY INDIVIDUAL, OR DISABLED INDIVIDUAL. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly by omission, causes to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual: (1) serious bodily injury; (2) serious mental deficiency, impairment, or injury; or (3) bodily injury. "The Texas Penal Code broadly defines "bodily injury" as "physical pain, illness, or any impairment of physical condition." Id. § 1.07(a)(8). Any physical pain, however minor, will suffice to establish bodily injury." Bodily injury could be about anything according to that. Sounds like he is in trouble.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.