Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Favorite Place to Watch a HS Football Game

Featured Replies

Putnam Stadium.

PS.jpg

PS2.jpg

PS3.jpg

  • Replies 90
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG_2478.jpg

 

Still my Favorite....Harlan County Coal Miners Memorial Stadium

Football-Field.jpg

turf complete (2).jpg

Football-Field-595x446.jpg

If you are going to catch a game at Ludlow, go during Homecoming, they go all out. It has such a special, small-town feel to it and the place will be packed. It is just different to have everyone walking to the stadium versus pulling up in a parking lot. The all grass field and being literally on the Ohio River bank makes it pretty special.

 

I was there the night Ludlow broke their long losing streak against Eminence and it was a great atmosphere.

Putnam Stadium.

 

Very impressive LRCW.

Putnam Stadium.

 

Nice pics, should be an electric atmosphere tomorrow night.

Mayfield's Historic, and huge, War Memorial Stadium. You sit right on the field and the old Bermuda is always the best of any I have ever seen. This makes for a incredible atmosphere

image-3740766303.jpg

Mayfield's Historic, and huge, War Memorial Stadium. You sit right on the field and the old Bermuda is always the best of any I have ever seen. This makes for a incredible atmosphere

 

What year was that Mayfield picture taken? Looks really old.

What year was that Mayfield picture taken? Looks really old.

Last week's scrimmage.

A few more of ole War Memorial

image-1312093807.jpg

image-3888846528.jpg

image-453378245.jpg

Putnam is my favorite because of the History... but have to give my biased pick:

CAM1.jpg

CAM2.jpg

CAM3.jpg

What year was that Mayfield picture taken? Looks really old.

 

1977, I always get a poster for each team and I recalled there being a stadium picture on that one so I took a picture of it with my phone

 

Still looks the same today

1977, I always get a poster for each team and I recalled there being a stadium picture on that one so I took a picture of it with my phone

 

Still looks the same today

 

Thanks. I liked it a lot. And as you remember, I did ride out to Mayfield and surveyed the grounds last season, only to be washed out.

Thanks. I liked it a lot. And as you remember, I did ride out to Mayfield and surveyed the grounds last season, only to be washed out.

 

I still hate it that you didn't get to see a game there and the tail gate experience is the best I have ever witnessed and I think many of the Beechwood fans would agree it is a tail gaters dream. But the old stadium is unique and very home feeling. Being right on top of the field gives viewers a really great view. Unlike newer stadiums, War Memorial extends from endzone to endzone

Sower Field Frankfort High School in October.

 

The cool air coming off the river. They field is surrounded by houses feels like you are closed in. Has an old 50's feel to it.

 

Nothing will ever top this for me. Of course, I'm biased. Coming across the bridge from downtown and seeing the lights in the middle of Bellepoint. Love it.

Some stadiums that I've been to that I liked... Trinity, St. X, Manual Stadium, Male, Highlands.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.