Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Favorite Place to Watch a HS Football Game

Featured Replies

Dixie Heights, Highlands, and the sidelines on the hs level.

 

Nippert Stadium will always be a college favorite at UC. Going to be even more so once the renovation is complete!

 

I do miss natural grass on all fields. Was fortunate to have played on natural grass fields growing up. :ylsuper:

  • Replies 90
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

St. X

 

No love for the visitors side.

My favorite places: The reserved section at Trinity Stadium (chairback seats at the forty up high). Historically: The old Cardinal Stadium at the KY Fair and Exhibition Center from the end zone seated directly behind the goalposts!

 

The Pit is OK, low seats and the concrete does get old after a while.

Historically: The old Cardinal Stadium at the KY Fair and Exhibition Center from the end zone seated directly behind the goalposts!

 

Walked by the stadium at the State Fair last weekend and thought about some of those fun state finals games at the Old Stadium. It looks terrible now, but there were some pretty fun seats to be in years ago.

Bell Co.

 

For those who have not been there.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46429[/ATTACH]

 

Beautiful scenery in the background. I am guessing even better in the fall when the leave change colors.

James Rigney Memorial Stadium on the banks of the Ohio in Ludlow Ky.

Beautiful scenery in the background. I am guessing even better in the fall when the leave change colors.

 

Very nice that time of the year.

Honestly, looking past my personal bias for my home field (which really isn't any kind of "experience" in and of itself), I would have to say that The Pit over on Cincinnati's west side is easily my number one. I love how they even have a sign that says, " 'The Pit' Elder's 12th Man ".

 

Speaking strictly in terms of Kentucky, I'd say my top two are Highlands' David Cecil Memorial Stadium and Trinity's R.W. Marshall Stadium, probably in that order. I've always thought Bellevue's old-school Gilligan Stadium had a great feel to it, and I personally think Ludlow's James Rigney Memorial Stadium has a really cool smalltown feel to it right down there on the river.

 

I'm yet to go to a game at St. X's Brother Thomas More Stadium, but I plan on remedying that this season. I also would really really like to make it to Putnam Stadium, Bell County Stadium, and Belfry's CAM Stadium before too long here.

Corbin had really good chili dogs in the past and LCA had fried bologna sandwiches. The concessions make the Friday night experience for me. Raceland tailgaters were very friendly. Georgetown College spring games with the Alumni grilling going on. I like stuff with character, or big flavors.

James Rigney Memorial Stadium on the banks of the Ohio in Ludlow Ky.

 

I've driven down to Ludlow (I've done this at Bellevue and Dayton, too) a few times when going to Reds games but I've never been to a game there. They are all on my bucket list.

I was there once, about 7 or so years ago for an Elder/Cinci St X game. It was the best atmosphere I've ever seen for a high school game, those two teams seem to hate each other.

 

Nah, not really. That's just another night in the GCL.

Partial to Tiger Stadium in Clay County. Huge bleachers with fans of both teams on one side of the field.

 

Lexington Catholic and Madison Central are alright in the Lexington area.

 

Perry County Central is my least favorite.

 

The one that tops them all is probably seeing playoff games in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.

 

Haven't seen a high school game there, but to me, I'd think it'd be hard to top watching one in Nippert.

I have been to several exciting games at Clay Counties stadium too, but it has been a while since I was there.

Bellevue's Gilligan Stadium, love the steep angle which the bleachers rise, great view of the field.

 

Did you just say Bellevue?? Now I know the rumors are true, your off your rocker! lol:wideyed:

I've driven down to Ludlow (I've done this at Bellevue and Dayton, too) a few times when going to Reds games but I've never been to a game there. They are all on my bucket list.

 

If you are going to catch a game at Ludlow, go during Homecoming, they go all out. It has such a special, small-town feel to it and the place will be packed. It is just different to have everyone walking to the stadium versus pulling up in a parking lot. The all grass field and being literally on the Ohio River bank makes it pretty special.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.