Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Masonic Lodge

Featured Replies

There is one here in Walton. I know very little about it. Anyone out there able to enlighten me a little?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think they are allowed to say much about it, if they are a Mason.

I thought if you asked one they will take the time to talk to you about their Order. We go to their breakfast each month, seem like good guys.

Every one that I have know were good guys. Not sure how much they can or can't say about the lodge though. I know you have to ask to join, they will not ask you to join.

I know a handful of guys who are Masons. Knowing they can't talk about things, I always ask them questions because I know they won't answer them. And I ask where the national treasure is hidden, or if they can at least give me some clues as to its location.

I watched a few documentaries on it this week. Turns out it's just a bunch of old dudes who meet up every week, not a secret cabal controlling the world. You can google "Masonic secrets" or whatever and there are plenty of sites explaining them. Also turns out they're pretty lame secrets.

I watched a few documentaries on it this week. Turns out it's just a bunch of old dudes who meet up every week, not a secret cabal controlling the world. You can google "Masonic secrets" or whatever and there are plenty of sites explaining them. Also turns out they're pretty lame secrets.

 

This is pretty spot on, but it's still more enjoyable to pretend like they are a secret cabal controlling the world. "So, who are you guys going to install as President next?"

Membership is grounds for excommunication from the Catholic Church.

 

Really? That is interesting.

Membership is grounds for excommunication from the Catholic Church.

 

Your post got me thinking - is the Catholic Church the only church that officially kicks people out? It seems to me that churches should be trying to include people.

Are masons and freemasons the same thing?

Your post got me thinking - is the Catholic Church the only church that officially kicks people out? It seems to me that churches should be trying to include people.

 

"Excommunication" is not kicking someone out. No one who has ever been baptized ceases to be a Christian, even if he or she willingly denounces the Church. Baptism can never be effaced in the eyes of the Church. It is always done as a (for lack of a better term) medicinal punishment in the hopes that the guilty party will renounce their error and return.

 

In the case of the masons, a Catholic who joins has subjected themselves to an organization that embraces pagan and naturalistic idolatry and (in the higher degrees) explicitly agrees to defy the Catholic Church. All that person has to do is renounce his membership and the excommunication is lifted.

Thanks GS. I should have just looked closely at the word excommunication and it would have explained this.

Are masons and freemasons the same thing?

 

I believe so.

 

My grandpa, great grandpa, uncle, and cousin (all from the same small town in Ohio are Masons). I've talked with my Grandpa a little about it. I think it would really mean a lot to him if I joined and I've thought about it. But, you have to join in the state you live in and I don't know anyone who I'm close to that is a Mason in KY.

I believe so.

 

My grandpa, great grandpa, uncle, and cousin (all from the same small town in Ohio are Masons). I've talked with my Grandpa a little about it. I think it would really mean a lot to him if I joined and I've thought about it. But, you have to join in the state you live in and I don't know anyone who I'm close to that is a Mason in KY.

 

I bought their ritual book at Goodwill for $0.50. What do you want to know? :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.