August 14, 201412 yr What does the ritual book say about time travel? According to Peggy Sue Got Married, they are experts. :banana:
August 14, 201412 yr I'm a mason, joined to carry on a tradition of the men in my family. I haven't been very active because of the age difference between myself and most active members but my Dad is and knows all of the ceremonies by heart and performs many masonic funeral services in the area. As previously mentioned the secrets aren't really secrets and can be found by watching movies and searching the internet. Basically it's a men's fellowship club that is not based on any particular religion but acknowleges a higher creator. Although my lodge is opened and closed with a very Christian prayer. The fundraising is to provide end of life care for it's members, scholarships and other community needs/charities. I do however have a follow up question for the Catholic members especially if you are a Knights of Columbus member. I've been told that part of the KOC oath is that they are to not behave very friendly toward Masons, is there any truth to that?
August 14, 201412 yr I do however have a follow up question for the Catholic members especially if you are a Knights of Columbus member. I've been told that part of the KOC oath is that they are to not behave very friendly toward Masons, is there any truth to that? No Knight can tell you what happens during the initiation or degree ceremonies. Only part of the Knights that is a secret. Sort of like joining a fraternity that way. It forms a bond among the members and makes the experience all the more special to someone going through it. There's a really old fake oath that pops up from time to time that says some pretty remarkable things about Masons, Protestants and a fanatical devotion to the papacy that just aren't real. I've seen it and I can tell you I never took that thing. I will say this: the Knights of Columbus do not swear oaths and even if they did, being uncharitable hardly seems within the realm of Catholic teaching, the thing that ostensibly is the reason for the Knights' existence in the first place. Edited August 14, 201412 yr by Getslow
August 15, 201412 yr I know plenty of Catholics who are masons. Unfortunately, as with numerous teachings of the Catholic Church, there are many Catholics who aren't aware of the Church's official stance and teachings on the matter, and still more who choose not to obey those teachings.
August 15, 201412 yr My pastor is none too keen on Masons...had a brief conversation with him on it. I also have a fellow co-worker who has totally immersed himself in the Mason's and the masonic "teachings" since joining about 5 years ago...he talks to me quite often about it...and let me tell you, a lot of it sounds more than a little weird and he has mentioned some things that I would consider anti-Christian beliefs.
August 15, 201412 yr My pastor is none too keen on Masons...had a brief conversation with him on it. I also have a fellow co-worker who has totally immersed himself in the Mason's and the masonic "teachings" since joining about 5 years ago...he talks to me quite often about it...and let me tell you, a lot of it sounds more than a little weird and he has mentioned some things that I would consider anti-Christian beliefs. My understanding is that it's generally the members of the Scottish Rite who take it the most seriously and really get into the masonic teachings the deepest and most seriously.
August 15, 201412 yr My understanding is that it's generally the members of the Scottish Rite who take it the most seriously and really get into the masonic teachings the deepest and most seriously. And I believe that's exactly the one he has gotten more into.
August 15, 201412 yr My pastor is none too keen on Masons...had a brief conversation with him on it. I also have a fellow co-worker who has totally immersed himself in the Mason's and the masonic "teachings" since joining about 5 years ago...he talks to me quite often about it...and let me tell you, a lot of it sounds more than a little weird and he has mentioned some things that I would consider anti-Christian beliefs. Well, my Grandfather was a Mason and a deacon at his Baptist Church. My Dad is a Mason and is an elder and treasurer of his Baptist Church. They were/are two of the most Christian men that I know and would never be apart of anything "anti-Christian". There is nothing anit-Christian about it.
August 15, 201412 yr Well, my Grandfather was a Mason and a deacon at his Baptist Church. My Dad is a Mason and is an elder and treasurer of his Baptist Church. They were/are two of the most Christian men that I know and would never be apart of anything "anti-Christian". There is nothing anti-Christian about it. I think in this day and age, the average masonic lodge is not a whole lot more than a clubhouse for a local fraternal organization - and I say that in a very well-meaning way. They are a group of men who get together to socialize and share common interests, and they generally have some kind of philanthropic effort benefitting some kind of civic or charitable entity. That being the case, I think most people, regardless of their faith, would never be the wiser to any anti-Christian practices or sentiment in masonic teachings.
August 15, 201412 yr Well, my Grandfather was a Mason and a deacon at his Baptist Church. My Dad is a Mason and is an elder and treasurer of his Baptist Church. They were/are two of the most Christian men that I know and would never be apart of anything "anti-Christian". There is nothing anit-Christian about it. My co-worker is getting very deep into it...much deeper it sounds to me than the "average" run of the mill member gets to. The things he espouses and that come up in conversations about it...yes sir, there are some deep rooted beliefs/teachings in that organization that are, I don't know how else to put it other than to say are anti-Christian. And yes, we have some mason's that are part of our church congregation as well, and are good men. And I'm just telling you what I have gleaned from conversations with my co-worker, and he's probably told me more than he probably should have. I'm also sure experiences vary, so everyone doesn't have the same story.
August 15, 201412 yr I think in this day and age, the average masonic lodge is not a whole lot more than a clubhouse for a local fraternal organization . And the guy I am referring to...no, he's going a LOT deeper into it, which is why I think he has gotten into some reading and information that I'm quite sure the average mason doesn't ever get into and may just never be aware of.
October 11, 201411 yr Are masons and freemasons the same thing? Yes, mason is just short or freemasons. I know of two AF&AM and F&AM. The first are Ancient Free & Accepted Masons. The second one is Free & Accepted Masons. You can go to any public library or find out info on line. I memory serves me correctly AF&AM used to not allow blacks to join. Freemasons were the first group to on to get rid of slavery. It is reported that the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons was started by George Washington. For those who don't know The Prince Hall Grand Lodge was back then for black men. I was a Worshipful Master of my former lodge and also a Grand Junior Steward for the Prince Hall Grand Lodge located in Louisville, KY.
October 11, 201411 yr My dad was a Mason and I have his Masonic Book around here somewhere. I guess I may look for it and see what it has to say.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.