Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rush Limbaugh: Robin Williams killed himself due to ‘leftist world view’

Featured Replies

I'm going to disagree with this in the strongest possible terms.

 

The Dems slam him and the Republican Party just try and ignore him. He doesn't have clout in the parties. Now he does influence voters.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You spent five paragraphs trying to polish the turd that is Rush and paint him as a pitiable figure, constantly being oppressed by the evil liberal media (or whatever other nefarious "Get Rush" libbie campaign you've got cooked up in your head).

 

Again, he gives as good as he gets.

 

There is zero doubt that there is a "Get Rush" liberal campaign, just as there are campaigns to "get whoever" on both the liberal and conservative sides. It's been reported many times about the liberals tasked to listen to Rush and forward his "out there" comments. I believe but am not positive, that MoveOn was the first to push it. However, I do not feel a bit sorry for him as I think he feeds off of it and does give as good as he gets and it's helped make him tens of millions of dollars.

I have to give it to the guy, he certainly knows how to entertain and generate revenue for himself. He is a baffoon and although, he may be intelligent, he is a baised closed minded individual that really carries no real political clout. He is doing fine, I guess, but if you put it out there whether you screw up or not, you have to take the backlash. I am sure he is fine with that as he rolls in the $$. The amazing part to me is his faithful listeners defend him regardless of how asinine his opinions are. Ignorance abounds, I guess.

 

And no, I don't listen to him or any other political pundits. They are all in it for the dough.

I'm not sure I know 1 single person that isn't in it for the dough.

Two quick points about Rush Limbo:

 

1. He likes to pick on people with Parkinson's. First Michael J. Fox a few years ago, now Robin Williams.

 

2. What percentage of his listeners are under 65? Has to be single digits.

I have not read the whole thread.

 

However, remember that Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer, just like Robin Williams was. Rush is on the radio because people listen to his radio talk show for various reasons. If people did not listen, then he would lose his sponsors and not be on the air. Some listen just to see what kind of goofball ideas he is spouting today, others agree with him. But the bottom line is he is an entertainer and would not be on the air if people did not listen. Are all of his ideas correct: NO, just like the rest of us. Are some of his ideas correct: YES, just like the rest of us.

 

Which is worse? Rush Limbaugh making the comment or us perpetuating the comment by talking about his comments. Therefore, TheDeuce starting this thread shows that he is doing his job and apparently quite well.

Just answer this... Did Limbaugh tie Williams' death to his political affiliation in any way?

 

No. I do not believe that is the case, although as someone pointed out, you need to listen him a lot to understand him. For that reason I can see how a non-listner would not understand him.

 

Please keep in mind I am not on here 24-7.

I'll now pose this question to you, since nobody else has answered it...

Since this is turning into such a discussion..I decided to read the transcripts for myself.

 

Here is the key snippet:

 

He had it all, but he had nothing. He made everybody else laugh but was miserable inside. I mean, it fits a certain picture, or a certain image that the left has.

 

I would take it as Rush ties a persons ideology to their actions...in this case RW's disappointments in his life (as reported by others).

 

Another key snippet:

 

So the bottom line is here is it's reported that he died, which is true, but he actually committed suicide. I just really hope that this coverage does not spawn copycats, because the coverage is fawning and glorious, and positive. You have so many people on social media who so desperately want fame. You know it and I know it.

 

Robin Williams and the Pop Culture Media - The Rush Limbaugh Show

 

This is what Rush does for a living, and he makes a lot of money at it. I think if he saw two dogs fighting in the street, he would tie it to a left-wing conspiracy.

 

He's not my cup of tea, but like most others he's not right about everything, nor is he wrong about everything.

:stop:

You spent five paragraphs trying to polish the turd that is Rush and paint him as a pitiable figure, constantly being oppressed by the evil liberal media (or whatever other nefarious "Get Rush" libbie campaign you've got cooked up in your head).

 

Again, he gives as good as he gets.

I don't need to cook anything up in my head. Liberal groups like MoveOn and Media Matters have people constantly monitoring popular conservative talk radio hosts and quote them out of context frequently. I don't really care if you agree with my opinion about Rush Limbaugh or not. I have as much respect for your political opinions as you have for mine.

 

I have my own issues with Rush but I am smart enough to recognize an intelligent and well-informed person, whether I agree with them or not. Rush has been the most successful radio talk show in history by a wide margin and that did not happen by accident.

 

My biggest issue with Rush is that he is often too much of a Republican when he should be putting his conservative principles above the party. He loses me when he starts advocating backing the lesser of two evils like John McCain.

I think he's a south end of a north-bound donkey. I really don't care what his views are, even though they may be aligned with mine to some degree. His timing, and delivery, is to cause exactly what has happened in this thread and that's his name in the headlines. I don't mind when you are "out there" for a cause. IMO, he hasn't been that in years, if ever.

I think he's a south end of a north-bound donkey. I really don't care what his views are, even though they may be aligned with mine to some degree. His timing, and delivery, is to cause exactly what has happened in this thread and that's his name in the headlines. I don't mind when you are "out there" for a cause. IMO, he hasn't been that in years, if ever.

 

He's counter-productive.

He's counter-productive.

 

Exactly. It's in my nature to be critical when people are over the top, even if I like or support them. Ukfan has turned me against SK, and I don't know a soul there. Walter has made me more critical of Beetle's game because he blows him up like the Goodyear blimp. Can't help it.

He's counter-productive.
I've said for years Rush does nothing to help conservatism, he does more to give liberals ammo.
I've said for years Rush does nothing to help conservatism' date=' he does more to give liberals ammo.[/quote']

 

As someone said earlier, he is intelligent. But his delivery is clearly designed to incite. Unfortunately I can't listen to the his way of delivering a message. There's just too much hyperbole and vitriolic delivery to wade through. I get much better points of view to consider from some of the posters here on BGP even though don't I agree with them. At least I can understand their point of view. But others are Limbaugh-like in their delivery and the same result occurs for me-complete shut down.

As someone said earlier, he is intelligent. But his delivery is clearly designed to incite. Unfortunately I can't listen to the his way of delivering a message. There's just too much hyperbole and vitriolic delivery to wade through. I get much better points of view to consider from some of the posters here on BGP even though don't I agree with them. At least I can understand their point of view. But others are Limbaugh-like in their delivery and the same result occurs for me-complete shut down.
Agree, just as there are those on liberal side of things here on BGP that bring the exact same results. Sadly, our president with his delivery at times also results in complete shut down.

Limbaugh's target audience consists of conservatives. He has no expectations that his talking is going to convert liberals to conservatism. Much of his schtick is intended to provoke outrage on liberals' part. I have listened to a lot of talk radio in my lifetime and I have heard far more arrogant people behind the microphone than Rush Limbaugh. Al Franken, Michael Savage, Neal Boortz, and G. Gordon Liddy are the first four examples that come to mind.

 

Rush is a master at self-promotion and liberals have provided him with millions of dollars of free publicity during his career. His show attracts more than 14 million listeners each week. He is an American success story and articulates the traditional American dream as well as anybody does.

 

If you are not a fan of capitalism then you will not like what Rush has to say. If you are a conservative, libertarian, and/or a rabid capitalist who treasures all of the Bill of Rights, then I suggest you try listening to Mark Levin for a change. Rush is Mr. GOP, and given the state of today's Republican establishment politicians, that is not such a good thing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.