Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rush Limbaugh: Robin Williams killed himself due to ‘leftist world view’

Featured Replies

If you were willing to read, you would understand there was nothing related as to why Williams killed himself. The discussion between the caller and Rush was about how the sheriff's office was handling the caller's brother's suicide vs the handling of William's. As far believability, the transcript is the actual conversation that was on the radio. Read and draw your own conclusions based on the the conversation between Rush and his caller.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
If you were willing to read, you would understand there was nothing related as to why Williams killed himself. The discussion between the caller and Rush was about how the sheriff's office was handling the caller's brother's suicide vs the handling of William's. As far believability, the transcript is the actual conversation that was on the radio. Read and draw your own conclusions based on the the conversation between Rush and his caller.

 

So this part was made up by the author?

 

“He had it all, but he had nothing. Made everybody else laugh, but was miserable inside. It fits a certain picture or a certain image that the left has. [i’m] talking about low expectations and general unhappiness.”

So this part was made up by the author?

 

“He had it all, but he had nothing. Made everybody else laugh, but was miserable inside. It fits a certain picture or a certain image that the left has. [i’m] talking about low expectations and general unhappiness.”

 

Rush is talking about the left and its general view of society and how unfair it is. Was he saying that Williams killed himself over it? I do not think so. R. Williams had his own personal problems. Rush is pointing out how the left views everything and it is twisted into what people think Rush said.

  • Author
Rush is talking about the left and its general view of society and how unfair it is. Was he saying that Williams killed himself over it? I do not think so. R. Williams had his own personal problems. Rush is pointing out how the left views everything and it is twisted into what people think Rush said.

 

Just answer this... Did Limbaugh tie Williams' death to his political affiliation in any way?

Just another case of folks who don't listen to Rush and thinking they know his intent...
I am an infrequent listener of Rush's show but I used to listen to him quite a bit. The man is on the air 15 hours a week and has an army of pajama boys living in their mommies' basement listening for passages that Media Matters can quote out of context.

 

As one would expect for somebody who spends so much time in front of a microphone, Rush screws up from time to time and he occasionally crosses the line, but like you, I have found that in almost all cases the quotes excerpted by the far left do not accurately reflect the context in which they were made.

 

Anybody who actually takes time to list to Limbaugh's show for awhile (weeks, not minutes) would understand that the guy is a workaholic who goes on the air each day very well prepared. Many people do not agree with Rush, but nobody who follows politics and current events closely can honestly say that he is not an intelligent and well informed talk show host.

 

Many of the most controversial quotes that Rush has made over the years have actually been snippets of political satire presented as serious political commentary.

 

It is great that there are so many perfect people in this world whose every sentence and phrase accurately reflects hours of their rhetoric and cannot be misrepresented by short quotes.

Forgive me if I'm not feeling sorry for "poor little Rush" being picked on. You get as good as you give.

Forgive me if I'm not feeling sorry for "poor little Rush" being picked on. You get as good as you give.
Who asked you to feel sorry for Rush? He is doing just fine without your pity or support.
OK, if this is the bone of contention, he's still freakin' stupid. Nobody's glorifying suicide in the media. They're simply celebrating the life and career of one of the country's great treasures. How he gets out of that that the media is "glorifying suicide" is beyond the capacity of rational thinking.

100% agree

Who asked you to feel sorry for Rush? He is doing just fine without your pity or support.

 

I have to give it to the guy, he certainly knows how to entertain and generate revenue for himself. He is a baffoon and although, he may be intelligent, he is a baised closed minded individual that really carries no real political clout. He is doing fine, I guess, but if you put it out there whether you screw up or not, you have to take the backlash. I am sure he is fine with that as he rolls in the $$. The amazing part to me is his faithful listeners defend him regardless of how asinine his opinions are. Ignorance abounds, I guess.

 

And no, I don't listen to him or any other political pundits. They are all in it for the dough.

I have to give it to the guy, he certainly knows how to entertain and generate revenue for himself. He is a baffoon and although, he may be intelligent, he is a baised closed minded individual that really carries no real political clout. He is doing fine, I guess, but if you put it out there whether you screw up or not, you have to take the backlash. I am sure he is fine with that as he rolls in the $$. The amazing part to me is his faithful listeners defend him regardless of how asinine his opinions are. Ignorance abounds, I guess.

 

And no, I don't listen to him or any other political pundits. They are all in it for the dough.

It is obvious that you don't listen to him, but thanks for clarifying that point.
I have to give it to the guy, he certainly knows how to entertain and generate revenue for himself. He is a baffoon and although, he may be intelligent, he is a baised closed minded individual that really carries no real political clout. He is doing fine, I guess, but if you put it out there whether you screw up or not, you have to take the backlash. I am sure he is fine with that as he rolls in the $$. The amazing part to me is his faithful listeners defend him regardless of how asinine his opinions are. Ignorance abounds, I guess.

 

And no, I don't listen to him or any other political pundits. They are all in it for the dough.

 

I'm going to disagree with this in the strongest possible terms.

Who asked you to feel sorry for Rush? He is doing just fine without your pity or support.

 

You spent five paragraphs trying to polish the turd that is Rush and paint him as a pitiable figure, constantly being oppressed by the evil liberal media (or whatever other nefarious "Get Rush" libbie campaign you've got cooked up in your head).

 

Again, he gives as good as he gets.

“[Liberals] are animated in large part by the false promises of America, because the promises of America are not for everyone,” he said. “He had it all, but he had nothing. Made everybody else laugh, but was miserable inside. It fits a certain picture or a certain image that the left has. [i’m] talking about low expectations and general unhappiness.”

 

Please share with us his intent with the part of the story I quoted above.

 

I have no interest in reading the entire transcript. Since you know his intent, I asked you what it was. Can you not tell me?

 

I see that you prefer the Steve Martin "Criticize things you DON'T KNOW ABOUT" approach.

Edited by Bluto

We all know Rush was trying to drive hits to his site and listeners to the radio. That's what makes him money. With the news about Parkinsons, maybe it would have been best to be quiet on this one.

  • Author
I see that you prefer the Steve Martin "Criticize things you DON'T KNOW ABOUT" approach.

 

I'll now pose this question to you, since nobody else has answered it...

 

Just answer this... Did Limbaugh tie Williams' death to his political affiliation in any way?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.