Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite Scenes From a Movie

Featured Replies

The most blasphemous six consecutive words I've ever read on BGP.

 

You only say that because I've never voiced my opinion of the Beatles on here before....:D

  • Replies 67
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You only say that because I've never voiced my opinion of the Beatles on here before....:D

 

Say it ain't so!

I'll take quotes/scenes from Breakfast Club, Tombstone, and Few Good Men all day ...........

The La Mamma Morta scene from Philadelphia, where Tom Hanks is explaining the aria to Denzel.

 

 

When the Bumpus' dogs eat the turkey.

 

 

I can eat 50 eggs...

...nobody can eat 50 eggs.

I've always REALLY liked a couple of scenes from American Beauty. There's the closing monologue by Lester (which I won't share for those of you who haven't necessarily seen the movie yet, because it has a plot spoiler). Then there's also the "Plastic Bag" scene. Helps remind me to look for joy and beauty even in the simplest of things.

 

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world...I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in."

 

After all these years I have never forgotten this scene from My Stepmother is an Alien. I still love it and in fact caught myself laughing again just now watching it..... Anyway, the best part of the scene starts 3:00 minutes into this clip..........

 

[video=youtube;Da-RK9-LiH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da-RK9-LiH8

In addition to several that have already that have been mentioned:

 

"He's cut, he's cut, the Russian's cut and it's a bad cut, and now it's Rocky Balboa coming after Ivan Drago."

I had a really funny Titanic reference, but after I posted I read Randy Parker's. I cannot think of anything funny, but I cannot delete my post , so this is my edit.

The fadeout in "The Third Man"

The mirror scene in "Duck Soup"

Ben Johnson's monologue in "The Last Picture Show"

Peter Finch's rants in "Network"

Gene Kelly's umbrella dance in "Singin' In The Rain"

Peter Sellers in the Pink Panther Strikes Again

"The old closet ploy. I really must congratulate you. If there is nothing I enjoy more, it is a good closet ploy.

Well, I'm off to Munich until the case is Solve-ED"

 

I also like the seen in Monty Python and the Holy Grail when the Friar is reading from the Book of Armaments in regards to the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

 

Or Anakin SkyWalker vs. Obi Wan Kenobi in Revenge of the Sith

The scene in 1969's "The Wild Bunch" where the William Holden, Ben Johnson, Warren Oates, and Earnest Borgnine, were walking up the street to face the Mexican general and his soldiers in an attempt to retrieve one of their partners, Angel (the soundtract added to the effect). The ploy failed when the general killed Angel right in front of them, and all types of carnage breaks out as a result. One of the best Westerns ever made imo.

 

Good cast of actors in the film: Holden, Borngnine, Ben Johnson, and Edmond O'Brien were all former Oscar winners, and Robert Ryan was a former Oscar nominee. Oates was also a great actor.

Off the top of my head...

 

Jack Nicholson's speech in A Few Good Men

 

James Earl Jones speech in Field of Dreams

 

And no list can be complete without a certain scene from the movie Wild Things....:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.