Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite Scenes From a Movie

Featured Replies

  • Author

The scene is Scent of a Woman when Al Pacino just lays into the board.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Speaking of Al Pacino, his speech in the locker room in Any Given Sunday.

THE BEST SCENE is in 12 years a slave when his friend from New York comes and rescues him. The relief and grief at the same time AND it really happened...Really moving.

  • Author
THE BEST SCENE is in 12 years a slave when his friend from New York comes and rescues him. The relief and grief at the same time AND it really happened...Really moving.

 

Grab movie mexitucky! Too few on BGP have probably seen that movie and I recommend it to everyone.

 

Along the same lines, Amistad, when Djimon Hounsou is telling the story of the slave ship. Powerful and tough to watch.

Actually, I always thought the best scene in "Jaws" was Captain Quint's monologue describing the Indianapolis.

 

I got to meet a survivor from the USS Indianapolis once. He told me he was on that boat, and my honest reaction wasn't unlike Hooper's reaction to hearing Quint say he had been on the Indianapolis. It was un-freaking-real listening to him talk about surviving the sinking.

If I have to pick one scene, it's "I'll make it," by Jimmy Chitwood in Hoosiers.

 

But, actually, you could put the last 16 or so minutes of the movie starting with the "well it's way past big speech time," on a continuous loop and I'd have a hard time getting up. Many other great scenes in the movie, but the end is better than great.

About anytime they cut to Bob Uecker in Major League, I'm ready to laugh. But Major League had a lot of great scenes.

 

The first scene in Rocky II, "Rocky, do you think there's brain damage."

"I don't know, I don't see any." etc. Very funny scene.

 

"Demented, and sad, but social." scene from The Breakfast Club. Could easily pick others.

 

Love the Mike Tyson hotel room scene in The Hangover.

I really enjoy the whole boot camp scene in Full Metal Jacket.

The scene in Miracle when Herb is making them skate lines.... Again

And of course his half time speech.

Also like the beach scene in Apocalypse now "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

Shawshank Redemption, the whole scene of Andy escaping with Red narrating it.

Then again when Red goes to the "tree" and finds the package.

This is one of the best.

 

[video=youtube_share;u2pu0m9iTo4]

If you are a male and you have a pulse, it has to be the Phoebe Cates diving board scene from Fasttimes at Ridgemont high.

About anytime they cut to Bob Uecker in Major League, I'm ready to laugh. But Major League had a lot of great scenes.

 

The first scene in Rocky II, "Rocky, do you think there's brain damage."

"I don't know, I don't see any." etc. Very funny scene.

 

"Demented, and sad, but social." scene from The Breakfast Club. Could easily pick others.

 

Love the Mike Tyson hotel room scene in The Hangover.

 

"Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"

The war room scene in "Dr. Strangelove".

 

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

 

The ultimate scene of high school life in the past, present and future with a classic tune setting the stage...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.