July 28, 201412 yr This phenomenon of preachers packing guns really is intriguing. Like Clint Eastwood in "Pale Rider." My first thought was why do they need to rely on a 9 mm when they already have the power of the word, to say nothing of the breastplate of righteousness. Totally foreign to my way of thinking. Perhaps the topic is worthy of a separate thread. Good and righteous people are killed everyday by maniacs, that applies to Pastors/Clergy just like anyone else. Add to that the thought by many that Church Offerings are an easy score and you get more violence than you'd expect at a church.
July 28, 201412 yr I honestly live my life without fear of losing my life. If I do, so be it. But I refuse to live a fearful and armed life. You say you "refuse to live a fearful and armed life". I believe you do live that life for you are unwilling to see the reality of lawful armed citizens defending their families, homes and theirselves.
July 28, 201412 yr This phenomenon of preachers packing guns really is intriguing. Like Clint Eastwood in "Pale Rider." My first thought was why do they need to rely on a 9 mm when they already have the power of the word, to say nothing of the breastplate of righteousness. Totally foreign to my way of thinking. Perhaps the topic is worthy of a separate thread. Your shot at pastors and scriptural sarcasm is duly noted and not unexpected. And I know one for sure that carries to protect his staff first and foremost in the event something bad will happen. And I also know that there are armed folks on staff to try to stop something terrible from happening. Nuts, I know.
July 28, 201412 yr This phenomenon of preachers packing guns really is intriguing. Like Clint Eastwood in "Pale Rider." My first thought was why do they need to rely on a 9 mm when they already have the power of the word, to say nothing of the breastplate of righteousness. Totally foreign to my way of thinking. Perhaps the topic is worthy of a separate thread. Jesus once told his apostles to carry with them a sword. Luke 22.
July 28, 201412 yr Jesus once told his apostles to carry with them a sword. Luke 22. Peter didn't cut off the ear of the high priest's servant in the presence of Christ with a pocket knife now did he?
July 28, 201412 yr Peter didn't cut off the ear of the high priest's servant in the presence of Christ with a pocket knife now did he? Sure didn't.
July 28, 201412 yr Jesus once told his apostles to carry with them a sword. Luke 22. What would Jesus do today? Why, he'd pack holy heat. Case closed. We have chapter and verse. (Just forget about all those other contradictory verses.) One of the problems with keeping a gun around the church office is that it helps to know how to use said gun. Following story from last month: ********************************* PHOENIX, AZ — A Roman Catholic priest responding to a break-in at his downtown Phoenix church grabbed a handgun that police say ended up in the burglar’s hands — and was then used to kill a fellow priest who tried to help. The Diocese of Phoenix has no policy on priests carrying guns, but the deadly burglary raised questions about the wisdom of clergy possessing weapons, no matter how dangerous their mission. The attack occurred after the Rev. Joseph Terra opened the kitchen door of the Mother of Mercy Mission rectory on the evening of June 11 to investigate noises in a courtyard. The intruder he found beat him with a metal rod, but the priest managed to retrieve a .357-caliber gun from his bedroom. He was unable to fire the weapon before the attacker grabbed it and used it to fatally shoot Terra’s colleague, 28-year-old Kenneth Walker, according to court records.
July 28, 201412 yr If the solution to gun violence is that we need more "good guys with guns," then why is there less gun violence is in similarly situated countries like Canada and the UK? Are there comparatively more "good guys with guns" in those countries?
July 28, 201412 yr You say you "refuse to live a fearful and armed life". I believe you do live that life for you are unwilling to see the reality of lawful armed citizens defending their families, homes and theirselves. I completely missing how not believing everyone should be able to pack everywhere means I'm fearful. And I'm definitely not armed.
July 28, 201412 yr Author I'll just chime in with my usual mantra. How do you decide in a situation such as a hospital who gets the guns? And, again, doctors and other healthcare professionals are not immune from the same mental illnesses as the patients they see. What about the patients who aren't allowed weapons to protect themselves? Guns do not belong in the workplace. That's why I said train some of them. Choose those that qualify to be the best and, again, they should have psychiatric screenings to carry in the work place. As long as people are hellbent on bringing them to do others harm in the work place, there should be those that allowed to protect themselves and others from these crazed individuals. This case is proof that someone carrying in the work place can and does save lives. Gun-free zones are putting others in danger.
July 28, 201412 yr Author Doctor also might lose his medical license for violating Hippocratic oath to do no harm to anyone.By saving lives? Including his own?
July 28, 201412 yr Author Not a fan of the wild west form of solving problems. Count me among those who are willing to live life without wondering who is a good guy with a gun and who is a bad one, and who is a bad one masquerading as a good one. Wild west. Talk about hyperbole.
July 28, 201412 yr Author I completely missing how not believing everyone should be able to pack everywhere means I'm fearful. And I'm definitely not armed.Your whole "wild west" analogy sure sounds fearful to me.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.