Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooter In A Gun-Free Zone Stopped By A Doctor With A Gun

Featured Replies

I've never understood the mindset that restricting freedom leads to safer more enjoyable lives.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never understood the mindset that restricting freedom leads to safer more enjoyable lives.

 

Well, a nanny state may make your life a tiny bit safer but is it a life you want to live, that is my question.

What do you anti gun folks think happens when guns are banned from a particular area? That area becomes an easy target. Unless you have armed security on duty at all times (courthouses) gun bans are useless. I say that because someone with a plan to kill isn't going to avoid a place with a gun ban. That law will not stop them from attacking. It will, in most cases, stop the law abiding citizen from carrying their firearm. So the anti gun laws basically just disarm the good people...

What do you anti gun folks think happens when guns are banned from a particular area? That area becomes an easy target. Unless you have armed security on duty at all times (courthouses) gun bans are useless. I say that because someone with a plan to kill isn't going to avoid a place with a gun ban. That law will not stop them from attacking. It will, in most cases, stop the law abiding citizen from carrying their firearm. So the anti gun laws basically just disarm the good people...

 

Based on discussions with those who like gun free zones, their view is the less guns somewhere the better (good guys and bad guys both) because the more guns somewhere, if a "good guy" with a gun could get in an argument with someone and lose their temper they may be tempted to resort to pulling their gun and suddenly a shoot out occurs despite occurrences of law abiding citizens suddenly engaging in a gun fights where lethal force was not justified is almost impossible to find. Despite showing statistic after statistic to show this so rarely ever occurs, most simply will not give up this view despite the loads of evidence to the contrary. Besides the idiot in the theater, it is really difficult to find another example of licensed carriers breaking gun laws.

 

That is why I always bring up if we can't trust people to handle guns responsibly, why do we trust them to drink alcohol or gamble responsibly? I would argue the instances of irresponsible drinking or gambling are much more common and both have disastrous side affects also when misused also. While I tend to argue for gun rights more so than gambling or alcohol rights, my view on them is the same. When a pro gunner screams about liberty and personal responsibility with regards to gun ownership and bearing arms but then in the next breath is for dry counties and keeping gambling out of KY, I will call them out too. To me, it is only logical to be for all three or against all three. While I look at be for all three, I can somewhat understand someone who is against all three, don't agree with them but can understand them. When you start picking one or two over the other(s), you are letting your personal views interfere with logic and justice.

I am not sure if my pastor carries or not. He came from a parish out in the country where carrying guns is just part of the culture and my church is in an "interesting" part of Louisville based upon the reported break ins, violent offenses, etc., it would not surprise me if he carried. I would be fine if he did or not. My guess is the Archbishop would tell him to be discreet about it if he does.

I hope the archbishop instructs all of his pistol-packing priests to get some decent training so they don't end up like the two priests in Arizona that I referenced in post 68.

  • Author
I hope the archbishop instructs all of his pistol-packing priests to get some decent training so they don't end up like the two priests in Arizona that I referenced in post 68.
Anyone that carries should have good training.

Gun free zones = public are sitting ducks. Only in our moronic society do we believe that criminals follow laws.

Gun free zones = public are sitting ducks. Only in our moronic society do we believe that criminals follow laws.

 

This is another case of will UofL fire the guy or not?

This is another case of will UofL fire the guy or not?

 

I wouldn't be shocked. I lived 1 block from there when I was in school there. Carried a .357 at the time. No permit. Had it all the time. In school, out of school.

I wouldn't be shocked. I lived 1 block from there when I was in school there. Carried a .357 at the time. No permit. Had it all the time. In school, out of school.

 

J Frame?

J Frame?

 

Ruger Security Six

  • Author
Ruger Security Six
What? You couldn't handle carrying an N Frame? Pshhh
What? You couldn't handle carrying an N Frame? Pshhh

 

LOL. Concealing my L Frame with a 4 inch barrel is tough as it is, I can't imagine an N frame. Heck why not try concealing a S&W 500

This is another case of will UofL fire the guy or not?

 

I wouldn't because as we evolve as a society and maybe what we stereotype is evil, can fight evil as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.