Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 2014/2015

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2014/2015 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Scott County Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only return a few kids who played significant minutes last season. Hines Jones is the only starter who returns. Tay Guyn will probably see more minutes at guard. Otherwise, could be an interesting offseason if rumors of Raekwon Long leaving the program are true.

 

Could be an interesting offseason.

Always an interesting off season at Scott Co. Lincoln County blitzed them yesterday. It will be interesting to see who is enrolled come mid August. If not, Scott Co might actually be "normal".

Raekwon Long is indeed transferring.

 

And word is that Madison Central's Isaiah Johnson will be headed to Scott County. Was told he is currently playing with the Cards in summer ball.

Raekwon Long is indeed transferring.

 

And word is that Madison Central's Isaiah Johnson will be headed to Scott County. Was told he is currently playing with the Cards in summer ball.

 

I can confirm that Raekwon is gone and Isaiah has enrolled.

Big loss for Madison Central, big gain for Scott County.

 

Any idea where Long will end up?

Was also told back to Charlotte for Raekwon.

No idea. I've heard back to North Carolina and I've heard Bryan Station. Broad range lol

 

He will be in NC.

Sounds like it's pretty settled that Long will be going back.

 

Now that some of the roster for Scott County is starting to take shape, it would appear that they have:

 

Guard - Hines Jones (Sr)

Wing - Isaiah Johnson (Sr)

Forward - Jamel Banks (Sr)

 

I put Banks in the list with the kids that I'm going to presume will start because I think that, at the least, he'll play some. He's really the only returner outside of Jones who played meaningful minutes in the Sweet 16 last year, and had started the regional tournament game against Lexington Catholic due to Long's having disciplinary issues.

 

 

The only other returnees on the roster from last season are (alphabetically):

 

Guard - Michael Matsura (So)

Wing - Tay Guyn (Jr)

Guard - Mookie Payton (So)

Guard - Clarion Washington (Sr)

Center - Cooper Watts (So)

 

 

Guyn is the name on that list that I'd guess probably played as many, if not more, minutes than some of the others, and was probably one of the focal points of his freshman team and/or the JV team at some point.

 

 

Anyone know anything else on how Scott County's rotation might end up looking once the season rolls around?

I'm hearing Ronnie Carson has enrolled at Scott County. Can anyone confirm?

I've heard that from 3 separate sources - not counting BGP.

I'm hearing Ronnie Carson has enrolled at Scott County. Can anyone confirm?

 

Wow. That's huge.

I'm hearing Ronnie Carson has enrolled at Scott County. Can anyone confirm?

 

I've heard the same.

Just when it sounds like Scott Co will be an "average" team...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.