Obama Needs Grimes

ALG is going to be attached at the hip to Obama by the McConnell campaign. How does she overcome this and win in a state that HATES Obama? If she does buck the national party and openly criticize their agenda does she keep the big money that she's getting from libs nationwide?

Edited by All Tell

Interesting fact from yesterday...

The GOP Race was somewhat disputed and competitive, in it 355K votes were cast with 213K going to McConnell.

In the Democratic primary, that was a foregone conclusion 402K votes were cast with Grimes receiving 307K.

If GOP can't get a better turn out than that Mitch may have some issues come this fall. If More Dems vote this fall then Reps IMO Mitch will not win, not many will cross party lines either way.

Interesting fact from yesterday...

The GOP Race was somewhat disputed and competitive, in it 355K votes were cast with 213K going to McConnell.

In the Democratic primary, that was a foregone conclusion 402K votes were cast with Grimes receiving 307K.

If GOP can't get a better turn out than that Mitch may have some issues come this fall. If More Dems vote this fall then Reps IMO Mitch will not win, not many will cross party lines either way.

I found this for registered voters in KY from 2010:

DEM = 1,624,361 REP = 1,067,537 OTHER = 193,877 TOTAL = 2,885,775

So if the numbers are correct then Democrats had about a 24% turnout and Republicans had about a 33% turn out.

So one could say the Republicans showed a little more enthusiasm than the non-normalized number would show.

But the Dems have the larger pool and McConnell needs the Blue Dogs who cross-over on on President and Congress offices.

I heard Terry Miner playing the Ashly Judd ad yesterday asking Dems to vote 'straight ticket'. That ad may come out of moth-balls as it would be a good strategy so that ALG can ride the locals coat-tails instead of vis-versa.

I found this for registered voters in KY from 2010:

DEM = 1,624,361 REP = 1,067,537 OTHER = 193,877 TOTAL = 2,885,775

So if the numbers are correct then Democrats had about a 24% turnout and Republicans had about a 33% turn out.

So one could say the Republicans showed a little more enthusiasm than the non-normalized number would show.

But the Dems have the larger pool and McConnell needs the Blue Dogs who cross-over on on President and Congress offices.

I heard Terry Miner playing the Ashly Judd ad yesterday asking Dems to vote 'straight ticket'. That ad may come out of moth-balls as it would be a good strategy so that ALG can ride the locals coat-tails instead of vis-versa.

Yes as percentages go it was a better turnout but the # of votes actually cast doesn't look good for McC...He's going to need more than just PP92 switching sides to get him elected this fall...I just don't know how many Dems are going to support him.

Flat-out said that she "is opposed to the president's war on coal" in her acceptance speech yesterday. I'm sure she knows that her only hope is to keep the blue dogs hoping for coal to stay the king in her corner come November. I'll be curious to see some specific policy considerations she has in mind.

Flat-out said that she "is opposed to the president's war on coal" in her acceptance speech yesterday. I'm sure she knows that her only hope is to keep the blue dogs hoping for coal to stay the king in her corner come November. I'll be curious to see some specific policy considerations she has in mind.

You can keep your same doctor too. hahahha

Just another lie.

I'm sure the McConnell/Bevin race did a lot more to raise Republican turnout than Grimes/nobodies did on the Democrat side. I'll definitely be curious about statewide turnout come November.

Less than 20 percent in Louisville compared to a statewide 27 percent. Good job again, Louisville.

You can keep your same doctor too. hahahha

Just another lie.

You know, it is possible to be a Democrat and be in favor of maintaining coal as a viable energy source. There are plenty of them. They just don't exist outside of a few coal states, which makes it difficult on them at the national level when Californians, Oregonians, New Yorkers and whoever else are screaming for new EPA and labor standards.

Are you saying you have proof that she's a liar?

Once elected if she doesnt do what she says or backs what she says then that will tell if she is a liar and has a backbone to stand up for what she said.

Once elected if she doesnt do what she says or backs what she says then that will tell if she is a liar and has a backbone to stand up for what she said.

What about McConnell? Although...lately, Senator "Gridlock" has certainly done his best to keep his promise.