UFC Fight Night 40 - Cincinnati May 10

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope Brown gets a shot at the title and wins early in the first. Erick never gave up and showed toughness, and Brown was able to overcome Erick's early pounding, proved to me he could win the title now. Erick is only 29, still has time to get there. I don't pay attention to how they rank them, but from what I've seen, Brown is right up there, and Erick remains at his spot or still moves up a few spots.

What was the deal with Brown having what looked like a Martial Arts brown belt tied around his waist during his post fight interview?

Sometimes trainers or instructors will give their students their belts after impressive performances. I would assume Brown was close to his brown belt in BJJ and after defending a rear naked from a black belt like Silva as well as putting him in a couple triangles and a darse it was likely impressive enough for him to earn his brown belt. Brown is the level before black belt.

Sometimes trainers or instructors will give their students their belts after impressive performances. I would assume Brown was close to his brown belt in BJJ and after defending a rear naked from a black belt like Silva as well as putting him in a couple triangles and a darse it was likely impressive enough for him to earn his brown belt. Brown is the level before black belt.

I figured it was something like that, I'd just never seen it happen in a ring right after a fight.

I figured it was something like that, I'd just never seen it happen in a ring right after a fight.

You'd be surprised, happens quite a bit. I think I've seen Jon Jones and Anderson Silva get belts like that.

About the above photo. No, last Sunday Erick wasn't talking about the movie that his face was photo shopped into. He is "Coming To America", he is going to set up camp somewhere in the U.S. and bringing his team with him. He might even be moving to the Cincy area, I have no clue on the fight clubs out there, but with me in this area, and a friend he has known for a few years who lives in Columbus, he has ties here, and has mentioned this area. But I think New York, Miami or one other place would be the best bets.

The thinking is, he wants to face different fighters in camps in the U.S., to "fix" (his words) the issues. He is not making excuses! And willing to do what it takes to reach his full potential.

In the UFC he is 4-4, BUT, he is so close to possibly being 8-0. One fight was a DQ which was a horrible call, which should have been a win for him. Another he took a long time title contender who was ranked #2 for a very long time to the wire, he was close on that one. Then, he was long on his way to a win Vs Kim, but out of nowhere Kim threw a huge punch late in the fight. Then with Brown, many say that Erick could have won by stoppage had he just kept throwing punches a minute into the first instead of getting Brown into a back-mount. BUT, not taking anything away from Brown, he was in pain during the back-mount and fought hard and somehow got out of it. And as I have said, I would like to see Brown get a shot at the title soon.