UFC Fight Night 40 - Cincinnati May 10

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They brought the stretcher out :(

They both took a beating, hope he is okay. Matt Brown is a complete animal, he took a few big time body/liver shots. Silva showed a lot of toughness as well, hope nothing serious.

They do take a lot of the guys to the hospital as precaution. I remember after the Jones/Gustafaon fight they were both in there. One of my favorite pictures shows Jon in a stretcher hooked up to iv's and all of that and Gus beside of him also beat to death.

He is ok! But yeah, they both took a beating, and as you a said, Erick showed toughness! A lot of people would have been done long before Erick was.

I thought he had his chance in the first round. And he needed to stay away from the sides.

He will be back!

Brown made that look as easy as any of his wins on this streak' date=' after the slow start.[/quote']

Showed some big time heart and ability getting out of that rear naked, Silva had his back for more than half the round and he defended beautifully. Silva is BJJ and Judo black belt and Brown was doing work, had a triangle, darce, all kinds of stuff locked up on Silva.

Great fight though first two rounds were back and forth. Some great exchanges standing and on the ground.

I agree with all of that!

Jumper, I agree! I thought Erick had him very early with the shot to the side, looked like a liver shot. And as you said, he has Brown down and kept pounding him and Brown was doing a good job protecting his right side that Erick got to.

But, Erick is ok, got back to the hotel about 4am, and will stay here until Tuesday.

On a side note, guess where I am going when there is bone-chilling cold in this area next Jan or Feb :)