Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derek Willis Considering Transfer

Featured Replies

Willis was getting some SERIOUS attention from a lot of places before he committed to the Cats. If he announces an intention to transfer, he's going to garner a TON of interest.

 

Wouldn't be surprised to see IU and Purdue get back into him immediately given their interest a couple years ago.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he can play as well but the big problem is there are going to be All American recruits coming in every year.

 

If he does stay you could see a mass exodus next year if the Cats win it all. You could see 5-8 players leave and he could grab some time his Junior Year.

 

If he doesn't leave then I think a redshirt would do him good.

 

I mention this in another thread. Would hate to see him go.

If Forde has a scoop you'd have to think Louisville is a likely destination .

Is he planning to be a 2 sport athlete at WKU?

 

You don't watch/follow WKU basketball do you?

 

The best Fant at WKU is on the bball team.

We didn't really get to see him play very much this year but the times he did get in the game I liked the way he ran the floor and handled the ball, for a man his size. Very good passer, and I remember a quote from Randle early in the season that he was one of their best shooters in practice. I'd hate to see him transfer but he's got to do what's best for him. I wish Cal had given him a few more minutes this year but I suppose he had his reasons for how he used his players.

@YahooForde: Derek Willis update: Del Willis, Derek's dad, says this afternoon that he talked to his son today and he "seemed firm" on staying at UK.

5 star Wiltjer couldn't make it... Who's shocked?

Why would he transfer? If he transfers he'll redshirt and play next year. If he stays he should red shirt and play next year. Should be plenty of playing time available. Don't give up man, live the dream that most basketball players who grow up in this state have dreamed.

@YahooForde: Derek Willis update: Del Willis, Derek's dad, says this afternoon that he talked to his son today and he "seemed firm" on staying at UK.

Matt Jones reported that he personally talked to Willis's dad today and he said Derek was staying, wonder if Forde also spoke with him our just got that from KSR page without crediting Jones or KSR :lol2:

Matt Jones reported that he personally talked to Willis's dad today and he said Derek was staying, wonder if Forde also spoke with him our just got that from KSR page without crediting Jones or KSR :lol2:

.....or did Jones/KSR steal it from Forde?

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio

Derek Willis's father also said "I have no idea where that came from. He knows playing time will be tough but he wants to go and earn it"

 

GregNJ @GregNJ

Forde wants the appearance that Cal runs off the local Ky kids in the name of mercenaries from elsewhere to be true so bad.

So many haters, man it feels good to be king.

Matt Jones reported that he personally talked to Willis's dad today and he said Derek was staying, wonder if Forde also spoke with him our just got that from KSR page without crediting Jones or KSR :lol2:

 

I saw Forde say it first on twitter. Not sure if that means anything but I saw Jones post it and had already posted Forde's tweet so I didn't post Jones' tweet.

I think Forde got good a good quote from someone in the know and later was able to confirm with Willis' dad that Derek isn't going anywhere.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.