Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grant Hill Says People Hate Duke Because "we've had a lot of good white players"

Featured Replies

I think if a white former player said people hate UK because of all black ayers they would be crucified.

 

I'm not sure I follow...

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if a white former player said people hate UK because of all black ayers they would be crucified.

 

What are you talking about? People talk about people that hated teams full of black players all the time. Half of the Big East 30 For 30 last weekend was about people making a race issue out of Georgetown in the 80s.

 

Nobody would say that about UK because it wouldn't make any sense...

 

What are you talking about? People talk about people that hated teams full of black players all the time. Half of the Big East 30 For 30 last weekend was about people making a race issue out of Georgetown in the 80s.

 

Nobody would say that about UK because it wouldn't make any sense...

 

Not to mention...the 18% alone is enough to hate UK about. No need to involve tjr teams. :D

Not to mention...the 18% alone is enough to hate UK about. No need to involve tjr teams. :D

 

Pure and simple, it's the reason why I can't stand UK today. They've had some individual players over the years that I've liked and respected...but I refuse to root for them as a team.

I think there's something to what he says but it's not limited to that.

 

It's the entire package that rubs some people the wrong way.

 

And we ALL know what happens when you rub your package the wrong way.:arghh:

Seriously you don't follow what he is saying?

 

If UK was only one of a few schools that regularly had talented black guys, those two comments might be the same...

Nobody would say that about UK because it wouldn't make any sense...

 

This was my point, as well...

There is a double standard when it comes to Coach K and Duke. Maybe he/they have earned it but comments like the one from Hill are the reason I don't care for them.

If UK was only one of a few schools that regularly had talented black guys, those two comments might be the same...

 

So Duke is the only team with white player now or in the past? Have you watched Creighton? For what it's worth Duke doesn't have any white players besides the obligatory plumlee

So Duke is the only team with white player now or in the past? Have you watched Creighton? For what it's worth Duke doesn't have any white players besides the obligatory plumlee

 

I said one of only a few schools... Compared to schools with "notable" black players, how many schools are the same but on the opposite end of the spectrum?

Edited by TheDeuce
Punctuation

I get what he's trying to say, but I think it's nuts. I don't like Duke because they are a very good basketball team and I don't like any other team besides Kentucky, especially good ones. During the tourney I can root for other teams but I don't like any of them.

Duke's success.

Sense of entitlement Duke University projects.

Sense of arrogance Duke students/University project.

Sense of being-better-than-you (e.g., you will work for us) projected by Cameron Crazies.

I get tired of hearing about how kids that play ball at Duke are special STUDENT- athletes because Duke is a tough academic school. But their athletes do not have the same academic requirements for admissions as the rest of the student body. The average SAT score for a Duke ball player is the same as UK, UNC, and UC.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.