Grant Hill Says People Hate Duke Because "we've had a lot of good white players"

lawildcat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if a white former player said people hate UK because of all black ayers they would be crucified.

What are you talking about? People talk about people that hated teams full of black players all the time. Half of the Big East 30 For 30 last weekend was about people making a race issue out of Georgetown in the 80s.

Nobody would say that about UK because it wouldn't make any sense...

What are you talking about? People talk about people that hated teams full of black players all the time. Half of the Big East 30 For 30 last weekend was about people making a race issue out of Georgetown in the 80s.

Nobody would say that about UK because it wouldn't make any sense...

Not to mention...the 18% alone is enough to hate UK about. No need to involve tjr teams. :D

Not to mention...the 18% alone is enough to hate UK about. No need to involve tjr teams. :D

Pure and simple, it's the reason why I can't stand UK today. They've had some individual players over the years that I've liked and respected...but I refuse to root for them as a team.

If UK was only one of a few schools that regularly had talented black guys, those two comments might be the same...

So Duke is the only team with white player now or in the past? Have you watched Creighton? For what it's worth Duke doesn't have any white players besides the obligatory plumlee

So Duke is the only team with white player now or in the past? Have you watched Creighton? For what it's worth Duke doesn't have any white players besides the obligatory plumlee

I said one of only a few schools... Compared to schools with "notable" black players, how many schools are the same but on the opposite end of the spectrum?

Edited by TheDeuce
Punctuation

I get what he's trying to say, but I think it's nuts. I don't like Duke because they are a very good basketball team and I don't like any other team besides Kentucky, especially good ones. During the tourney I can root for other teams but I don't like any of them.

I get tired of hearing about how kids that play ball at Duke are special STUDENT- athletes because Duke is a tough academic school. But their athletes do not have the same academic requirements for admissions as the rest of the student body. The average SAT score for a Duke ball player is the same as UK, UNC, and UC.