Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs Kansas St

Who Wins? 52 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Kentucky
      92%
      48
    • Kansas St.
      7%
      4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

It's been my observation that when a team gets jobbed they get mad and play with something to prove. I guess it's happened but I can't remember a team sulking and playing worse in such a situation.

 

Maybe a strong-willed team, led by veterans, would react this way. This UK team is not that.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Florida missed a ton of shots in the 2nd. Got easy ones on high ball screens and nice pocket passes when WCS had to hedge way too long.

 

Considering how well they shot in the first half, I'd say it evened out. They were 6/13 from the 3PT line in the first half, a big reason why they were able to get out to such a lead. 14/30 from the field, shooting about as well from outside the arc as they did in it. While Kentucky at the same time was 0/5 from 3PT and just 10/28 from the field. In the second half, Florida didn't get as many shots, didn't get to the line, and in general didn't shoot as well as they did in the first half. I suppose the why of that is open to interpretation.

 

UK was in that game yesterday because of things averaging out in the second half and because they hit free throws. As much as they get to the line, if they can hit free throws, there's a lot of teams they'll have a chance against. And if they can shoot better than the 35% they did from the field and 27% from three that they did yesterday, even better.

Maybe a strong-willed team, led by veterans, would react this way. This UK team is not that.

 

I've seen it happen in middle school so I'm not sure what factors lead to the different reactions. My best guess would be the coaching staff. Good news is we'll know soon enough how they react.

I hope UK doesn't end up like Texas a few years ago. I remember there were UK fans that were worried when we were the 1 seed and Texas ended up slipping to the 8 seed after being a top 5 that year. People were worried about seeing them, including me and then Texas didn't even win their first round game. So it does worry me that people keep talking about a UK/Witchita State matchup, because we have to win first.

 

Great comparison with that Texas team. A lot of similarities IMO.

Whenever UK plays a good team and Polson checks in, it seems the other team immediately goes on a run. His minutes will be limited regardless of how short or long UK is in the tournament. As for this game, UK by 9.

What does K-State do well?

What does K-State do well?

 

Pretty solid defensively.

 

Shoot 43.6% overall, 33.4% from deep, 65.8% from the FT line.

 

Pull down 36 boards a game (109th in the country)

Have one guy taller than 6'7" on the roster, a 6'9", 250 lb. sophomore who averages 13 minutes a game.

 

WCS has more blocks on the year than their entire roster, so they aren't a shot-blocking threat, and they lack size. Kentucky needs to attack, attack, and attack some more.

Have one guy taller than 6'7" on the roster, a 6'9", 250 lb. sophomore who averages 13 minutes a game.

 

WCS has more blocks on the year than their entire roster, so they aren't a shot-blocking threat, and they lack size. Kentucky needs to attack, attack, and attack some more.

 

You probably don't like it UKMF but I think we'll see a heavy dose of Randle.

You probably don't like it UKMF but I think we'll see a heavy dose of Randle.

 

As long as he doesn't try to go 1 on 10, I'm fine with it. He's a black hole, that's not going to change at this point. I think I'd rather they post up WCS or Dakari and let them try to go to work, but it probably won't happen.

 

At least Randle can (usually) knock down a decent clip of his FTs.

Maybe a strong-willed team' date=' led by veterans, would react this way. This UK team is not that.[/quote']

 

I think this team responded well after losing to Florida at the end of the season.

 

They played pretty good in the SEC tourney.

Not true. But they are a million percent more fluid offensively with him running things.
Was he in for the comeback against Florida ?
UK wins easily, IMO.

 

Has there been anything easy about UK basketball this year?

As long as he doesn't try to go 1 on 10, I'm fine with it. He's a black hole, that's not going to change at this point. I think I'd rather they post up WCS or Dakari and let them try to go to work, but it probably won't happen.

 

At least Randle can (usually) knock down a decent clip of his FTs.

I am still holding out hope that when we least expect it, Randle is going to pull a Rocky II and start using his other hand.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.