Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs Kansas St

Who Wins? 52 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Kentucky
      92%
      48
    • Kansas St.
      7%
      4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

:lol2: Polson should start. That's one of the most uninformed basketball opinions I've ever heard.

 

There is zero offensive flow when he's in the game. He can't defend to save his life either. Yesterday, it was a 16-14 game when he checked in. Within a minute and a half, it ballooned to a 10 point deficit. He's simply not capable of playing against above-average talent. That's not a knock on him, it's just a fact.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it'll be a close game, but I look for a 6-9 point Kentucky win.

 

K-State doesn't have much inside, so I'd exploit that all game long if I'm Kentucky.

Not true. But they are a million percent more fluid offensively with him running things. This UK team is supremely talented but supremely weak-willed. If they come into a game v. K-State sulking and feeling like they got jobbed by the committee (way more likely than you guys want to believe) they'll never sniff Wichita St.

 

Don't act like UK is above losing to anybody, at any time. Your pride says no, but your head knows the truth about this bunch.

 

It's been my observation that when a team gets jobbed they get mad and play with something to prove. I guess it's happened but I can't remember a team sulking and playing worse in such a situation.

:lol2: Polson should start. That's one of the most uninformed basketball opinions I've ever heard.

 

There is zero offensive flow when he's in the game. He can't defend to save his life either. Yesterday, it was a 16-14 game when he checked in. Within a minute and a half, it ballooned to a 10 point deficit. He's simply not capable of playing against above-average talent. That's not a knock on him, it's just a fact.

Which makes him different than which Harrison?
Which makes him different than which Harrison?

 

They both played solid defense this weekend. They're both also 4" taller, a hundred times more athletic, and much better offensively.

 

I mean, people can't seriously think Polson should start, can they?

K-State doesn't have much inside, so I'd exploit that all game long if I'm Kentucky.

 

Career game for Dakari Johnson? I could be wrong, but I feel like from what I understand about KSU, he could do very well, barring foul trouble.

a hundred times more athletic

 

First, let me say that not only shouldn't Polson start, I can't foresee opportunities that he should even play. However, on the above, the Harrisons are not 100 times more athletic than the State of Liberty. I know you're too good to simply equate black = better athlete, so I don't know what you're seeing with them, but their lack of general athleticism is one of their biggest challenges. They have zero quickness, can't stay in front of their man with a live dribble, and generally are liabilities on defense.

 

That said, again, I'd never play Polson, so on your larger point, we agree 100%.

They both played solid defense this weekend. They're both also 4" taller, a hundred times more athletic, and much better offensively.

 

I mean, people can't seriously think Polson should start, can they?

You're delusional if you think they played solid defense. Absolutely delusional or simply don't know what you're watching. The arm bar defense when WCS comes hedge a screen and he can't leave the screen because they can't get back in front and recover, mainly because they can't get up in the offensive player to begin with. Delusional.

First, let me say that not only shouldn't Polson start, I can't foresee opportunities that he should even play. However, on the above, the Harrisons are not 100 times more athletic than the State of Liberty. I know you're too good to simply equate black = better athlete, so I don't know what you're seeing with them, but their lack of general athleticism is one of their biggest challenges. They have zero quickness, can't stay in front of their man with a live dribble, and generally are liabilities on defense.

 

That said, again, I'd never play Polson, so on your larger point, we agree 100%.

 

I agree with pretty much everything in your post. Complete use of hyperbole on my part. My point was, even with their limitations athletically, they're much more athletic than Polson.

 

I 100% agree, Polson should only see the floor in mop up minutes. If they're so inclined to give meaningful minutes to someone at the 1 (other than Andrew), it needs to be Hawkins.

You're delusional if you think they played solid defense. Absolutely delusional or simply don't know what you're watching. The arm bar defense when WCS comes hedge a screen and he can't leave the screen because they can't get back in front and recover, mainly because they can't get up in the offensive player to begin with. Delusional.

 

Whatever you say chief.

Whatever you say chief.

 

Hyperbole. Got it.

I don't have any empirical data to back it up, but I think the key to any UK success in the NCAA will be the play of WCS. He has to come to play at least a little bit IMO. Somebody said Kansas State might be susceptible to an inside-oriented offense and that is what UK should try. However, that has been one of UK's most glaring failings (among many I might add) this season.....feeding and passing out of the post.

Florida scored 21 points in the second half yesterday. I would say everyone guarded.

 

Not so sure that there are many people on UK's team more "athletic" than Polson. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't play him but he doesn't lack athleticism.

Florida missed a ton of shots in the 2nd. Got easy ones on high ball screens and nice pocket passes when WCS had to hedge way too long.

I hope UK doesn't end up like Texas a few years ago. I remember there were UK fans that were worried when we were the 1 seed and Texas ended up slipping to the 8 seed after being a top 5 that year. People were worried about seeing them, including me and then Texas didn't even win their first round game. So it does worry me that people keep talking about a UK/Witchita State matchup, because we have to win first.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.