Was Holmes tacking on 2 late points "classless"? Mark Whery thinks so.

Heck, to be real. I'm a 50 year old man jumping around like the Colonel Crazies on the sideline rooting for my Bulldogs like I have since 1977. We all get caught up in the moment cheering and rooting for our kids and when something seems wrong...we react, don't mean you and I are classless, just means we care.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was younger (no comments from the peanut gallery, please) I used to be bothered by other teams scoring meaningless points at the end of a game or when opponents said our team had 'run up the score'.

I have since learned that once a game is determined (one team is far enough ahead and there isn't enough time remaining for the other team to catch up) it is OVER. It doesn't matter how many more points the winning team scores, you still lose and they still win.

If the team ahead chooses to not substitute lesser players or the team that is behind doesn't either, so what? The team ahead is playing its best players and taking a chance that they might be injured while playing meaningless minutes and the team that is behind has to make the choice as to when to take its best players out and give its lesser players an opportunity to gain some playing time.

Bottom line is, we all hate losing and love winning. If you're playing a traditional foe, then multiple the emotional factor by 2 or 3 or more. But in any case, it really doesn't matter. At the end of the day, you either win or lose and the final score only truly matters to Cantrell or Litkenhaus when they calculate their ratings.

A real "THREAD WORTHY" thread here would be mention of "Mark Wehry's 499th broadcast!", as "InItToWinIt" has pointed out.

Knit picking, hairsplitting, misrepresenting, and otherwise trying to put him in a bad light considering all that he's done over the last 10 years to keep us entertained and informed is just downright lame.

Folks like him have only spent countless volunteer hours at making what we all enjoy about NKY high school sports that much more enjoyable.

He and Mustang have set great examples for other programs to follow. Now others are getting in the game, and I say the more the merrier.

Personally, I love the various options I have now to go out on a given night to see a game in person, then get home to have a couple more on archive that I can watch or listen to, helping me kill a few birds with one stone.

There's only one of me, and in year's past I would have had to settle on one game and be happy with that. Lots of times now I can knock out 2 or 3 games a night thanks to all the volunteers who consistently bring us the action. :thumb: