Covington Catholic 78 Madison Central 68

Said in my article last week that if they wanted to make a believer out of me, Madison Central didn't even have to win this one, just make it close. Looks like they answered the bell, even though I'm sure the team isn't happy with the L.

It was senior night at CovCath and with a 14 point lead with around (4:00 minutes left 68-54) some of the players started to get bit to cute but Coach Ruthsatz had a few choice moments with them and it ended it well for CovCath.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tog, when was the last time (if ever) CovCath only loss 1 regular season game? (Even with the Moeller asterisk for the dual cancellations)

25-1 is mighty impressive....and undefeated in the Bluegrass.

Not in my lifetime, not even in the great run years of 1967 through 1971. Any team going 25-1 has to impress you!

Not sure how many CVH had but he was great on both ends of the floor tonight. The only point I could possibly be critical of was his outside shot. A little flat. Him going to the rack? Money. Played really strong D as well. Smooth.

Staff has done a nice job with him this year and Joe Fredrick has done a GREAT job with him.

THE MAN when it comes to instilling confidence in the players. Really like his coaching style. If given the chance and he wanted to, he would be one hell of a head coach. Definition of "player's coach."

This sounds like a LM/JV love fest. Funny.

"The Boss" and I go to Barleycorn after a lot of the CovCath games, to the point that when we sit down, two glasses of our favorite beer are brought to our table without us even asking. The stripes were having a after the season party that I had no idea about and it was indeed fun seeing so many of the fine gentlemen tonight relaxing and enjoying their evening.

"The Boss" and I go to Barleycorn after a lot of the CovCath games, to the point that when we sit down, two glasses of our favorite beer are brought to our table without us even asking. The stripes were having a after the season party that I had no idea about and it was indeed fun seeing so many of the fine gentlemen tonight relaxing and enjoying their evening.

Thanks for the invite :irked:

Not in my lifetime, not even in the great run years of 1967 through 1971. Any team going 25-1 has to impress you!

I can't imagine how much more attention CovCath, their 25-1 record, and being undefeated in KY, would be getting if they were actually considered the best team in their own region. This unbelievable season has been fairly quiet, which is amazing.

I can't imagine how much more attention CovCath, their 25-1 record, and being undefeated in KY, would be getting if they were actually considered the best team in their own region. This unbelievable season has been fairly quiet, which is amazing.

Holmes only had 1 loss heading in to the district tournament last year and it was a very similar "quiet" feat.

Covcath is having one hell of a season. I seem to remember you predicting during the preseason that the Colonels were better than what people (myself included) were predicting. Good call.

Think about the records of the Big 3 "fish-eaters" in NKY........

NewCath 26-3

CovCath 25-1

Brossart 22-3

Not bad at all. :thumb:

BTW, where were you tonight?

Very action packed games tonight in Park Hills. Madison Central is a very athletic team and quick, but did a horrible job getting back on defense. Can somebody tell me why Ruthsatz is shooting a jump shot for his foul shots, 2 of 7 from the foul line and the two he made were "rim rattlers".

Covcath does a great job playing as a team. CVH had an excellent game, Ruthsatz struggled from the outside most of the night, but did it a couple of treys, but was money on penetration to the rack.

Was sitting in the Madison Central fan section and had a nice conversation with a couple of their parents, they were getting a big kick out of the "crazies" tonight.

Fixed my jumbled mess from my original post, this is what happens when you talk and text and are not at a keyboard. :isurrender:

THE MAN when it comes to instilling confidence in the players. Really like his coaching style. If given the chance and he wanted to, he would be one hell of a head coach. Definition of "player's coach."

CCH has one of the best coaching staff's ever assembled in 9th region basketball. Getting Joe to come on board was brillant by Coach Ruthsatz. Watch Joe during warm ups, he is under the basket rebounding for the kids, pulling CVH and Ruthsatz to the side for one on one instructions. When he chest bumped CVH in the Ryle game after 2 steals on the time out was priceless. The players gravitate to them, I guess he would have my attention, when a 40-something year old man can still take any player on the team to the woodshed!