Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 69 Kentucky 59

Featured Replies

I heard the same thing. Might have been the best crowd Rupp has seen in a while. I heard that the students were standing and cheering the whole game! Not just in the last 8 min. And even the blue hairs were loud the WHOLE game. I would have loved to be there last night.

 

My son has lost his voice he yelled so much last night, and our tickets are down with the "blue hairs".

  • Replies 125
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am now going to accept this team for what it is----an immature team with not enough talent to overcome its youth. I am lowering my expectations and am going to try to savor every win and try not to curse when it makes - not mistakes that only a coach can recognize - but blunders, mental and physical, on plays you learn in the 6th grade. If the majority of the players come back next year, I know I will see a vastly improved product deserving of the unrealistic expectations I had earlier in the year. As far as "freshmen" teams go, this team and last year's team show just how extraordinary the natonal championship team was. It's kind of like when Pitino first got to UK and their games could not be televised because of NCAA sanctions, you cherised every victory. You had to accept reality and hope for a better future. That is what I am going to try to do. If I am able to do this, my TV will feel a lot safer from hard objects being hurled at it.

I texted my son that was at the game and he said the ref that called it was on the other end of the floor......

 

Not true. He went to the other side of the floor after he called it, which is the proper place in college.

Here's my two cents on the technical and why I think Cal got it. He had been on Stephens (the guy who called it) all night. A foul is called on UF and Calipari STILL gripes! If you are going to whine about the officiating, do it on a call against your team, not for your team!

I do think the new rule emphasis has been thrown out the window. Also after the T I don't think Stephens called a foul on UF the rest of the game

I guess I give kids more credit than having 2 points with 8:14 left in the game "turn the game." It defies logic IMO.

 

Fla. scored 4 consecutive points right after that Technical then went on to out score U.K. 22-11 down the stretch. The momentum took a definite swing at that time, U.K. went flat. Out scored by 11 after the T, lost by 10. Hmm.

No, the T wasn't THE reason for the loss but imo definitely sucked what momentum we had out.

 

Bottom line : Florida is a far more experienced, better basketball team. The Gators fight through mistakes and recover, come back playing harder. U.K. players show their immaturity, feel sorry for themselves and just sink .

Edited by oldrambler

Not true. He went to the other side of the floor after he called it, which is the proper place in college.

Here's my two cents on the technical and why I think Cal got it. He had been on Stephens (the guy who called it) all night. A foul is called on UF and Calipari STILL gripes! If you are going to whine about the officiating, do it on a call against your team, not for your team!

 

From the LH:

 

Referee Michael Stephens called the technical from near mid-court as Calipari stood near the baseline.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/02/15/3090785/kentucky-florida-game.html#storylink=cpy

Edited by gold sunrise

Willie Cauley Stein had two to make up for the technical though:idunno:

I believe I read where UF scored on 13 straight possessions starting at the 11 minute mark.

Fla. scored 4 consecutive points right after that Technical then went on to out score U.K. 22-11 down the stretch. The momentum took a definite swing at that time, U.K. went flat. Out scored by 11 after the T, lost by 10. Hmm.

No, the T wasn't THE reason for the loss but imo definitely sucked what momentum we had out.

 

Bottom line : Florida is a far more experienced, better basketball team. The Gators fight through mistakes and recover, come back playing harder. U.K. players show their immaturity, feel sorry for themselves and just sink .

 

Why are we talking about swings and momentum regarding the T but NOT when UK went up 31-24 and then only led by 3 at the half? Crowd was jacked up when up 31-24. All momentum lost in the final 2 minutes.

 

UF was getting the ball inbounds anyway when Cal got the T. His T didn't GIVE them the ball. So I'm supposed to believe the players quit playing strong D and smart O because Cal got a T? Come on.

3 months ago: 40-0

Today: Just a good team and on the bottom end of that

 

What a change!!

This is what the players had to say about the crowd last night:

 

 

The crowd was awesome

Kudos to all of you who went to Rupp Arena tonight. James Young wants you know you made a difference: “It was amazing. It was the best crowd. We fed off their energy and we stuck around because of them. Everybody loves them.” Julius Randle agreed: “It was amazing. It was a big lift for us right off the bat. It kept us going. It kept us energized, and it kept us fighting.”

 

Kentucky Sports Radio | University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.

 

Loud for Rupp Arena and a great college basketball crowd are two different things, IMO. Either way, Florida is just a better team and Kentucky still has a ways to go.

I do think the new rule emphasis has been thrown out the window. Also after the T I don't think Stephens called a foul on UF the rest of the game

 

Wrong. Called at least two.

From the LH:

 

Referee Michael Stephens called the technical from near mid-court as Calipari stood near the baseline.

Read more here: Florida doesn't buckle down the stretch, tops Kentucky 69-59 at Rupp Arena | Basketball: Men | Kentucky.com

 

If he's on the baseline, he's out of the coaching box. Free game for any of the 3.

He was on the same side of the floor as the benches though. In your original post, I misread and thought you meant he was opposite the table.

I am now going to accept this team for what it is----an immature team with not enough talent to overcome its youth. I am lowering my expectations and am going to try to savor every win and try not to curse when it makes - not mistakes that only a coach can recognize - but blunders, mental and physical, on plays you learn in the 6th grade. If the majority of the players come back next year, I know I will see a vastly improved product deserving of the unrealistic expectations I had earlier in the year. As far as "freshmen" teams go, this team and last year's team show just how extraordinary the natonal championship team was. It's kind of like when Pitino first got to UK and their games could not be televised because of NCAA sanctions, you cherised every victory. You had to accept reality and hope for a better future. That is what I am going to try to do. If I am able to do this, my TV will feel a lot safer from hard objects being hurled at it.

 

:thumb: Very good post / comments.

If he's on the baseline, he's out of the coaching box. Free game for any of the 3.

He was on the same side of the floor as the benches though. In your original post, I misread and thought you meant he was opposite the table.

 

That is OK, I misread a lot too....:lol2: Believe we are on the same page in that the T was given for being out of the coaching box which he was a lot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.