Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 69 Kentucky 59

Featured Replies

I was there. The crowd was pretty awesome.

Don't see how anyone could say anything different. It was loud. We stood and yelled when we made runs. We stood and yelled when we needed a stop. And the place was pretty packed.

 

Sounds good. Thanks :thumb:

  • Replies 125
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he's on the baseline, he's out of the coaching box. Free game for any of the 3.

He was on the same side of the floor as the benches though. In your original post, I misread and thought you meant he was opposite the table.

 

Have you ever t up a coach for being too far down the bench toward the baseline? I agree it is free game for any of the three but there has to be more to the story.

 

I personally don't know why they have the second line. It makes sense that a coach doesn't need to go too close to the other team but I have never seen the harm in moving down to the end of the bench.

 

In the 10th and 11th the refs used to say that the box went to the end of the bench when there were gyms that didn't have the second line. (Which included most gyms)

 

But that's a little off topic.

The thing that bothers me the most isn't that they lost, it isn't that they were just outmanned and outworked, it's that the past two season's teams have shown zero improvement from the beginning of the year. That's very alarming. How can you have a team of all freshman and sophomores and show no improvements?

 

You don't think this team has improved?

You don't think this team has improved?

 

Not really. Still make the same stupid decisions and mistakes they did at the beginning of the season.

 

Dakari has improved quite a bit. Outside of that, WCS has regressed, Young and Randle are still the same two players they were when the season began, and the twins are the two most inconsistent players on the team.

IMO the biggest weakness with this team is the lack of an offensive scheme that creates an advantage for these young players. When is the last time we scored on a back door or a shuffle cut? How about on an out of bounds under set play?

If what we are doing is the dribble drive, the dribble drive sucks.

The other play we run is even less effective where we act like we are running Reggie Miller off baseline screens but we basically waste time for 20 seconds and then do a pick and roll in the last 12 seconds of the shot clock.

It drives me nuts how ineffective this offensive scheme is.

UKMF ... Their team defense is light years better right now than it was at the beginning of the year. They are getting close to being a Coach Cal quality defensive team.

 

I agree with most of your player assessments. I do think Randle is better now than he was at the beginning of the year. I agree on the twins, except I say they are better defensively.

 

I still don't get the total despair. UK was within 3 points with 3 minutes to go against a team many consider one of the favorites to win it all. Cal will start working the team on final four minutes execution and they will get better on that going forward.

UKMF ... Their team defense is light years better right now than it was at the beginning of the year. They are getting close to being a Coach Cal quality defensive team.

 

I agree with most of your player assessments. I do think Randle is better now than he was at the beginning of the year. I agree on the twins, except I say they are better defensively.

 

I still don't get the total despair. UK was within 3 points with 3 minutes to go against a team many consider one of the favorites to win it all. Cal will start working the team on final four minutes execution and they will get better on that going forward.

 

To the bolded, I got into an argument with the people I was watching the game with over this....They said they're the best team in the country. My view is I'll be shocked if they make the Final Four. :idunno:

To the bolded, I got into an argument with the people I was watching the game with over this....They said they're the best team in the country. My view is I'll be shocked if they make the Final Four. :idunno:

 

Hmmm ... interesting. Florida really impressed me. I love great defensive teams. Add in experience at all the key positions and I see them being a very tough out. I have them penciled in to my Final Four.

Hmmm ... interesting. Florida really impressed me. I love great defensive teams. Add in experience at all the key positions and I see them being a very tough out. I have them penciled in to my Final Four.

 

They're outstanding defensively. Offensively, they're average, and that's being kind. They stink at the 3 ball, and are awful (outside of Saturday) from the line. 187th in the country from deep, and 270th from the line. Those two things typically spell disaster come tournament time.

They're outstanding defensively. Offensively, they're average, and that's being kind. They stink at the 3 ball, and are awful (outside of Saturday) from the line. 187th in the country from deep, and 270th from the line. Those two things typically spell disaster come tournament time.

 

Good points. The biggest red flag for me is the lack of a consensus #1 NBA draft pick. I will not pick them to win it all but I like them into the final four unless the bracket produces what I see as a bad matchup or two.

Disagree on Dakari defensively. He actually shows more of a willingness to consistently put a body on his man than Randle or Cauley-Stein. When WCS is "on" he's obviously a better shot blocker, but he's also prone to laying back and trying to pitch shots by out jumping guys and getting fouls instead. Dakari rebounds his area well enough and is never going to be the type of player who rebounds outside of his area because he's not explosive.

 

Also, I don't really know which player on this team I'd want taking a last second shot. When getting a perimeter touch, Randle just as bad for putting his hand down and charging at the rim come hell or high water as the Harrisons.

 

Dakari provides zero presence as a shot-blocker. None. He will body up, which is better than Randle but still doesn't give you what WCS does. JMO. If they're not going to Dakari and WCS is absent I'd rather just play the small lineup.

 

IMO the biggest weakness with this team is the lack of an offensive scheme that creates an advantage for these young players. When is the last time we scored on a back door or a shuffle cut? How about on an out of bounds under set play?

If what we are doing is the dribble drive, the dribble drive sucks.

The other play we run is even less effective where we act like we are running Reggie Miller off baseline screens but we basically waste time for 20 seconds and then do a pick and roll in the last 12 seconds of the shot clock.

It drives me nuts how ineffective this offensive scheme is.

 

The scheme looks great when you have stud guards. Problem is, UK doesn't and hasn't really had them since Knight. 2012 was just a great team, but Teague and Lamb (who I really liked here) were relatively average. An improvement over the Harrisons none the less though.

 

Hmmm ... interesting. Florida really impressed me. I love great defensive teams. Add in experience at all the key positions and I see them being a very tough out. I have them penciled in to my Final Four.

 

Don't think they score well enough. No go to guy. Reminds me of many Michigan State teams. Good enough to beat anyone, or make the FF, but unlikely to bring home the ship. Scoring will probably get them beat by a team it shouldn't lose to.

They have the #9 offense in the nation. Defense and late game execution are killing them.

Rediculous statement...NO improvement....they are certainly not where we want them to be but they are night and day from the beginning of the season.

UKMF ... Their team defense is light years better right now than it was at the beginning of the year. They are getting close to being a Coach Cal quality defensive team.

 

I agree with most of your player assessments. I do think Randle is better now than he was at the beginning of the year. I agree on the twins, except I say they are better defensively.

 

I still don't get the total despair. UK was within 3 points with 3 minutes to go against a team many consider one of the favorites to win it all. Cal will start working the team on final four minutes execution and they will get better on that going forward.

 

Saw on the news last night that this was addressed in practice yesterday. They had the team watch the last 11 minutes of the game and break it down on what Florida did to win the game and what we didn't do to win.

I was there. The crowd was pretty awesome.

Don't see how anyone could say anything different. It was loud. We stood and yelled when we made runs. We stood and yelled when we needed a stop. And the place was pretty packed.

 

I was there as well and concur with everything you've said in this post.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.