Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 69 Kentucky 59

Featured Replies

It's now gotten to the point where losses don't bother me as much. I take the game for what it is. Talented freshman not ready yet to reach their potential. This is the only team Cal has had where he starts all frosh. It takes time. I can't get carried away about a loss to a 3rd ranked very experienced team.

  • Replies 125
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Florida sucked the life out of the Cats the last 7-8 minutes. Florida's Young, previously fairly quiet, hit I think 3 shots in about 3 minutes to spearhead their march to victroy.

 

To explain some of my previous posts, this is the part where I think Dakari (and Willie somewhat as well) did a good job for us early.

 

Young finished with 10 points and 5 rebounds, many of which came late. For a freshman, I'd think Dakari held his own and gives us reason to be excited. I think he comes back for another year and we see him terrorize opponents next time around. He's a really fundamentally sound player whose only going to get better.

Well, I've upgraded my prognosis of this team. Earlier I felt they wouldn't make the NCAA tourney. Now I think they'll make the tournament and win one game before getting bounced in the round of 32. Nothing to be ashamed about for UK to be one of the top 32 teams this year.

The better team won, no question. I felt Poythress should have more minutes. I also continue to be disappointed in the Rupp crowd. They just don't make noise. Near the end of they game, they stood...but still made no noise. That place can be so intimidating when it's really going but that's rare.

The better team won, no question. I felt Poythress should have more minutes. I also continue to be disappointed in the Rupp crowd. They just don't make noise. Near the end of they game, they stood...but still made no noise. That place can be so intimidating when it's really going but that's rare.

 

Were you at the game?

I will say this for the crowd...the flow of the game was hard for the crowd to stay in it. But give FL credit, whenever it looked like UK was going to make a run the Gators answered. Sign of a good team.

 

This UK team has the talent, they just don't do the little things right to beat good teams. It comes with time, but time is not their side right now.

The T cost them two points. It didnt cause UK to take bad shots , get outrebounded , or make turnovers.

 

It is nothing more than message board fodder.

The better team won, no question. I felt Poythress should have more minutes. I also continue to be disappointed in the Rupp crowd. They just don't make noise. Near the end of they game, they stood...but still made no noise. That place can be so intimidating when it's really going but that's rare.

 

I agree with you about the Rupp crowd however I thought that the crowd was good last night, of course that was from watching on t.v. and not there. I do agree that normally the Rupp crowd sits on their hands for the most part. I remember the Rupp crowds back when Nolan Richardson would bring his Arkansas "40 minutes of hell" teams in. That was how a crowd is supposed to be.

I also agree on the better team won.

Were you at the game?

 

I was not there last night.

The T cost them two points. It didnt cause UK to take bad shots , get outrebounded , or make turnovers.

 

It is nothing more than message board fodder.

 

That's your opinion and that's fine, maybe your opinion is message board fodder :idunno: :lol2: .

No, the T didn't lose the game and the team made plenty of mistakes that cost. My opinion is that although the T didn't beat U.K., it certainly did turn the game, U.K. players mindset. The T cost U.K., jmo.

Young played well on offense but defensely he was terrible. He turned the ball over two or three times close to mid court for easy layups and got beat on that back door dunk. Gave up base line a couple of times and I still can't understand why he can't shoot FT's well.

That's your opinion and that's fine, maybe your opinion is message board fodder :idunno: :lol2: .

No, the T didn't lose the game and the team made plenty of mistakes that cost. My opinion is that although the T didn't beat U.K., it certainly did turn the game, U.K. players mindset. The T cost U.K., jmo.

 

I guess I give kids more credit than having 2 points with 8:14 left in the game "turn the game." It defies logic IMO.

I was not there last night.

 

This is what the players had to say about the crowd last night:

 

 

The crowd was awesome

Kudos to all of you who went to Rupp Arena tonight. James Young wants you know you made a difference: “It was amazing. It was the best crowd. We fed off their energy and we stuck around because of them. Everybody loves them.” Julius Randle agreed: “It was amazing. It was a big lift for us right off the bat. It kept us going. It kept us energized, and it kept us fighting.”

 

Kentucky Sports Radio | University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.

I heard the same thing. Might have been the best crowd Rupp has seen in a while. I heard that the students were standing and cheering the whole game! Not just in the last 8 min. And even the blue hairs were loud the WHOLE game. I would have loved to be there last night.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.