Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 69 Kentucky 59

Featured Replies

Dang, U.K. wins and not hardly a post right away, this soon after a loss and multiple pages. I'm not sure what message that sends. :no: :D

  • Replies 125
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the time Florida was down 7 at 45-38' date=' these are their possessions when they touched the ball: Made shot + foul, 1 made free throw (Down 4) Made three (Down 1) Made shot + foul, 1 made free throw (Up 1) Made two technical foul shots (Up 1) Made shot (Up 3) Miss, offensive rebound, made shot (Up 3) Foul, 2 made free throws (Up 2) Foul, 2 made free throws (Up 4) Miss, offensive rebound, 3 pointer (Up 5) Foul, 2 made free throws (Up 5) Foul, 2 made free throws (Up 7) Miss, offensive rebound, Foul, 1 made free throw (Up 6) Foul, 1 made free throw (Up 7) Made shot + foul, 1 made free throw (Up 10) They had 38 points going into the stretch. They scored 31 during the final 10:38 of the game. They scored every single time they touched the ball in some fashion. That was why UK lost. Because Florida took it from them. 7/10 from the field, 2/2 from three, 15/17 from the foul line.[/quote']

 

Ouch. Great break down sure. Certainly hard to win when a team can pull that off. Impressive play by the Gators late in the game.

From the time Florida was down 7 at 45-38, these are their possessions when they touched the ball:

 

Made shot + foul, 1 made free throw (Down 4)

Made three (Down 1)

Made shot + foul, 1 made free throw (Up 1)

Made two technical foul shots (Up 1)

Made shot (Up 3)

Miss, offensive rebound, made shot (Up 3)

Foul, 2 made free throws (Up 2)

Foul, 2 made free throws (Up 4)

Miss, offensive rebound, 3 pointer (Up 5)

Foul, 2 made free throws (Up 5)

Foul, 2 made free throws (Up 7)

Miss, offensive rebound, Foul, 1 made free throw (Up 6)

Foul, 1 made free throw (Up 7)

Made shot + foul, 1 made free throw (Up 10)

 

They had 38 points going into the stretch. They scored 31 during the final 10:38 of the game. They scored every single time they touched the ball in some fashion. That was why UK lost. Because Florida took it from them. 7/10 from the field, 2/2 from three, 15/17 from the foul line.

 

Florida got to the FT line 8 of their last 9 possessions. Did UK's defense break down that badly or did the officials start calling the game differently.

4 points & 4 rebounds from Willie & Dakari combined?

 

Poythress was a no show as well. If he's not getting dunks he does nothing.

Doesn't rebound doesn't guard, can't shoot free throws, and hasn't shown any consistency with the jumper

 

7-10 from the floor. If that isn't consistent, tell me what is... If I had to pick a team to cut down the nets right now, it would be Florida. Don't count out the Cats though, they will get there and will be a tough out in March.

Dang, U.K. wins and not hardly a post right away, this soon after a loss and multiple pages. I'm not sure what message that sends. :no: :D

 

Maybe the opposing team has something to do with that.

I would have thought they had more. I did think Dakari did a good job of at least keeping a body on Young and banging with him in the 1st half.

 

Neither one of them had an offensive rebound & that's something UK depends on.

 

Dakari has shown some improvement, no doubt. Willie has regressed.

Dang, U.K. wins and not hardly a post right away, this soon after a loss and multiple pages. I'm not sure what message that sends. :no: :D

 

People are celebrating after a win, and need people to feel their pain after a loss?

 

In all seriousness, it would be nice to have more posts after a win. I myself am as guilty as anyone. But I also think it has to do with how big this game was and the fact that UK had a big lead absolutely evaporate.

Poythress was a no show as well. If he's not getting dunks he does nothing.

 

True.

Florida got to the FT line 8 of their last 9 possessions. Did UK's defense break down that badly or did the officials start calling the game differently.

 

Maybe a bit of both. I know Wilbiken pushed off of Harrison on a drive on one play and Harrison got called for the foul. Wasn't what cost the Cats the game but it didn't help.

Florida got to the FT line 8 of their last 9 possessions. Did UK's defense break down that badly or did the officials start calling the game differently.

 

UK had some stupid fouls and did an awful job on the glass. I don't think the refs changed the way they called it at all.

Neither one of them had an offensive rebound & that's something UK depends on.

 

Dakari has shown some improvement, no doubt. Willie has regressed.

 

I'm not sure WCS has regressed. He simply has NEVER had a game to him other than blocking shots. I'd poke my eyes out if I had to watch him and Chris Walker teach post moves.

I won't get to see/here the post game here. What was Cal saying during it?

 

He claimed to have no idea why he got T'd up.

He claimed to have no idea why he got T'd up.

I texted my son that was at the game and he said the ref that called it was on the other end of the floor......

I'm not sure WCS has regressed. He simply has NEVER had a game to him other than blocking shots. I'd poke my eyes out if I had to watch him and Chris Walker teach post moves.

 

2013 - 8.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 4 bpg.

 

2014 - 6.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.9 bpg.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.