Estill 68 Berea 62

The final in a very entertaining matchup in Berea.

Estill played smart all night long - and Berea just would never go away.

Berryman lit it up and was just too much for the Pirates down the stretch.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with how the game ended. With Estill leading 68-58 with a couple of seconds to go - Berea threw in a short inbounds pass. An Estill player brushed by and the ref called a blocking foul setting up two free throws which would have gave me a perfect prediction. :D

This should be a tough game for either side - but I think the Engineers will pull this one by around 8.

Your thoughts?

....but on the last play of the game - Berea picked off the inbounds pass and got a last second lay up to give the final score of 68-62.

Ah, so close. :rolleyes:

It's good to see that the clear favorites arent overlooking thier first round match up in a very capable Owlsey team.

On our side - I know Powell will be looking for blood as they havent picked up a win over the Engineers this season. If Estill plays as focused and determined as they did tonight they should be able to get past the Pirates though.

I guess we'll all find out in Beattyville. Sometime after I get a big Bacon Cheeseburger from the Purple Cow. Yummmmm. :D