Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Global Warming

Featured Replies

The people who were going to really rich were those who going to rule the 'carbon trading markets'. Money for nothin'.

Thinking back to 2008: Substitute the word "mortgage" for "carbon" and your "money for nothin'" post will make complete sense.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thinking back to 2008: Substitute the word "mortgage" for "carbon" and your "money for nothin'" post will make complete sense.
Barney Frank.
Ice core drilling, isotopic analysis, etc. in Antarctica and Greenland yield accurate climatic measurements of the time frame you mentioned. The Good Lord gave us brains, so when scientists figure out stuff, we should rejoice in the revelation rather than try to discredit their findings because of some political agenda.
Climate change research has become big business; driven by political ideology and greed, instead of a quest for truth.
Climate change research has become big business; driven by political ideology and greed, instead of a quest for truth.

So you're saying that this 97 percent club of scientists is twisting data for monetary reasons? Got any proof other than something you read on Brent Bozell or Rush Limbaugh's websites?

 

You've made a number of claims on this thread ... but I have yet to see you post any links to legit sources.

 

Wake me up when you find something.

So you're saying that this 97 percent club of scientists is twisting data for monetary reasons? Got any proof other than something you read on Brent Bozell or Rush Limbaugh's websites?

 

You've made a number of claims on this thread ... but I have yet to see you post any links to legit sources.

 

Wake me up when you find something.

When I get the links I requested in past threads from you, you'll get yours. I've been waiting for months now. And for the gazillionth time, I don't listen to Limbaugh, don't visit his website and I don't even know who Brent Bozell is. But, keep pushing that myth because you buy into the greatest modern day scam led by your hero Al Gore. Yeah, there's a guy that had nothing to gain in all of the global warming scare tactics.
When I was a kid winters where alot worse than this winter.

 

You must be pretty old then, because this is easily the worst winter, in terms of being cold, in my lifetime.

You must be pretty old then, because this is easily the worst winter, in terms of being cold, in my lifetime.

 

Then one has to assume you were born after 1977 when the Ohio River froze over. I do not remember the exact number of days below freezing, but there was a stretch of entire days below zero and it hit -25 below one or two nights. The next winter was cold, colder than this winter, but not as bad as 1977.

Then one has to assume you were born after 1977 when the Ohio River froze over. I do not remember the exact number of days below freezing, but there was a stretch of entire days below zero and it hit -25 below one or two nights. The next winter was cold, colder than this winter, but not as bad as 1977.

 

I was born in 1975 so while I was alive when that happened I certainly do not remember it. I'm with deuce, this seems to me to be the coldest winter I can remember.

Classic picture from 1977 with people walking on the frozen Ohio River near Cincinnati.

 

ohioriverfrozen.jpg

That pict is awesome.

Al Gore is a genius! He would never, ever lie to become a multi-millionaire. TIC

 

Al Gore suggests 'fertility management' to fight global warming | The Daily Caller

 

I am not a big Al Gore fan, but maybe I should start. I am very concerned about the continuing population explosion...it is not because they are black, purple or anything else...we are on our way to overpopulating our planet....so why not get our heads out of collective behinds and educate and better manage our population? Global warming or not...it just makes sense.

 

Depressing the rate of child mortality, educating girls, empowering women and making fertility management ubiquitously available — so women can choose how many children and the spacing of children — is crucial to the future shape of human civilization,” Gore said on an international panel on global warming last week.

 

“Africa is projected to have more people than China and India by mid-century; more than China and India combined by end of the century, and this is one of the causal factors that must be addressed,” the failed presidential candidate added.

 

Read more: Al Gore suggests 'fertility management' to fight global warming | The Daily Caller

When thinking about weather, cold or hot, or the world's population one must look at history, not just the few years that one has been on this planet.

If one could communicate with a butterfly and ask him about the weather, he would think that it is warm to hot and sunny all the time. This is a similar analogy that Dr. Robert Ballard once used. The planet has gone through many cycles of warming and cooling. Cycles that outlast our lifetimes.

 

There was once a guy named Thomas Malthus (Malthusian Theory) that predicted famine, disease and war because the earth could not sustain the world's population. He made that prediction in the 1700's. The book the Population Bomb by Dr. Erlich (sp) predicted all sorts of shortages and famines in the 1970's by the end of the 1900's. The only famines to take place were caused by socialist governments trying to control their populations. None of his dire predictions came true. Please a take a look at history before becoming worried that the world is doomed. We were supposed to be dead a long time before now.

When thinking about weather, cold or hot, or the world's population one must look at history, not just the few years that one has been on this planet.

If one could communicate with a butterfly and ask him about the weather, he would think that it is warm to hot and sunny all the time. This is a similar analogy that Dr. Robert Ballard once used. The planet has gone through many cycles of warming and cooling. Cycles that outlast our lifetimes.

 

There was once a guy named Thomas Malthus (Malthusian Theory) that predicted famine, disease and war because the earth could not sustain the world's population. He made that prediction in the 1700's. The book the Population Bomb by Dr. Erlich (sp) predicted all sorts of shortages and famines in the 1970's by the end of the 1900's. The only famines to take place were caused by socialist governments trying to control their populations. None of his dire predictions came true. Please a take a look at history before becoming worried that the world is doomed. We were supposed to be dead a long time before now.

 

I believe there is a lot of validity in your post. However, I do not believe the earth will sustain infinite geometric growth...unless...there are technological advances, as there were since the 1700's that proportionately increase resources or decrease utilization, manage waste, provide food and protect the environment. So which was the chicken and which was the egg....sitting around doing nothing is not a good option.

Then one has to assume you were born after 1977 when the Ohio River froze over. I do not remember the exact number of days below freezing, but there was a stretch of entire days below zero and it hit -25 below one or two nights. The next winter was cold, colder than this winter, but not as bad as 1977.

 

A family friend claims there were 38 straight days under freezing with a large percentage of them under zero. I just remember it was cold cold cold. Had to scrape the inside of the windshield, not just the outside. I liked cold a lot more back then and I still bundled up when I left the house. I have yet to zip my jacket when I leave the house this year. My wife was in her senior year in Indiana and they had two days of school in January.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.