January 30, 201412 yr 1. Science 2. Pooh-pooh science; hang your hat on myth. Take your pick. 3. Don't give a dang either way....I choose option 3.
January 30, 201412 yr Quote Originally Posted by Twotoplace View Post If you wish to be labeled a scientific Luddite, do so at your own risk As opposed to a scientific Don Quixote like yourself? :popcorn: Can I be ecological Dumbledore?
January 30, 201412 yr 3. Don't give a dang either way....I choose option 3. OK. I'll bite. Option 3 is .... ? (Don't post too hastily. Think it through a little bit.)
January 30, 201412 yr OK. I'll bite. Option 3 is .... ? (Don't post too hastily. Think it through a little bit.) It's in the post you quoted....
January 30, 201412 yr It's in the post you quoted.... Sorry, claiming membership in the Don't Know, Don't Care Society isn't a legitimate answer.
January 30, 201412 yr Sorry, claiming membership in the Don't Know, Don't Care Society isn't a legitimate answer. It is, when you don't truly don't care. What occurs or could hundreds of years from now or once I'm long dead and gone doesn't concern me in the slightest.
January 30, 201412 yr Author 1. Science 2. Pooh-pooh science; hang your hat on myth. Take your pick. Pick some science that is repeatable. Part of having some intuitive sense is to choose your literature wisely. Now, go ahead, give me all of those links. Then I can give you all of those other links that debunk your links and our discussion will end up nowhere like always. Just you with back handed barbs and mine more linear.
January 30, 201412 yr Pick some science that is repeatable. Part of having some intuitive sense is to choose your literature wisely. Now, go ahead, give me all of those links. Then I can give you all of those other links that debunk your links and our discussion will end up nowhere like always. Just you with back handed barbs and mine more linear. One-note Johnny RTS is right in this instance. Follow the money. Good luck finding someone legit on your side who hasn't been bought and paid for by the oil industry or major polluters.
January 30, 201412 yr One-note Johnny RTS is right in this instance. Follow the money. Good luck finding someone legit on your side who hasn't been bought and paid for by the oil industry or major polluters.Oh, I ain't talking about the oil industry or major polluters there, Mr Goremonger.
January 30, 201412 yr This argument reminds me of when Big Tobacco paid so-called "scientists" to write papers rebutting findings of the American Medical Association et al.
January 31, 201412 yr Author This argument reminds me of when Big Tobacco paid so-called "scientists" to write papers rebutting findings of the American Medical Association et al. Exactly, like big money tree huggers are funding global warming expeditions. You're spot on. Oh, and let's forget the latest one that had to be aborted because of the ice and all.
January 31, 201412 yr Exactly, like big money tree huggers are funding global warming expeditions. You're spot on. Oh, and let's forget the latest one that had to be aborted because of the ice and all. That's all fine and dandy, but every single one of the 97 or whatever percent of scientists on the global warming/climate change/whateveryouwannacallit side hasn't been bought by green industry opportunists. The green movement is simply not that big of an industry to be able to buy off the entire legitimate scientific community. I'm completely confident every scientist claiming hoax is paid for by extraction and other heavy industries, however. They've got a lot of money to toss around to rig studies on their behalf.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.