Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Global Warming

Featured Replies

When I was in high school in the 70's consensus was that we were headed for another ice age.

I suspect that these denial scientists who make up the 3 percent minority are getting paid by big oil or Texas fat cats to oppose the 97 percent.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I try to keep it light.

 

I'm still confused by this climate change cash grab you and RTS talk about. Who's pocketing this "hot money"?

 

The global warming scare has enabled environmental advocacy groups to raise billions of dollars in contributions and government grants. It has given politicians (from Al Gore down) opportunities to pose as prophets of doom and slayers of evil corporations.

I try to keep it light.

 

I'm still confused by this climate change cash grab you and RTS talk about. Who's pocketing this "hot money"?

 

The people who were going to really rich were those who going to rule the 'carbon trading markets'. Money for nothin'.

 

Right now its just so-called scientists who refuse to tell you it was hotter in the past that it is now. And they refuse to tell you you that if CO2 was a near real time driver of temperatures we should all be crispy critters by now. And the oceans are going rise 20 feet, etc, etc.

 

C(lie)mate change.

The global warming scare has enabled environmental advocacy groups to raise billions of dollars in contributions and government grants. It has given politicians (from Al Gore down) opportunities to pose as prophets of doom and slayers of evil corporations.

 

While I don't know if the 97 percent number that has been bandied about is totally accurate, I do believe that it's probably not far off of that in terms of serious, legitimate scientists who buy into some form of the idea of man-made climate change.

 

I also am 100 million percent confident that all of the 3 or whatever percent opposed to it are corporate shills for extraction industries or other heavy-polluting industries.

 

While I have little doubt that there have been plenty of opportunists arise to cash in on the "green" movement, I am not ready to believe that all 97 or whatever percent of those are cashing in. There may be a few who are probably preaching the most gloom and doom who are probably more beholden to "green" industries than actual science. But not all of them.

2013 was the 4th warmest year on record.

 

All of the top 10 warmest years have occurred since 1998.

 

NOAA: Earth had its 4th-warmest year on record in 2013

 

 

Yeah but I doubt they were recording daily temps in 1808. It's easy to say we've experienced the warmest 10 summers in history when said history only goes back a century. So what about the other 12,000 years?

Yeah but I doubt they were recording daily temps in 1808. It's easy to say we've experienced the warmest 10 summers in history when said history only goes back a century. So what about the other 12,000 years?

Ice core drilling, isotopic analysis, etc. in Antarctica and Greenland yield accurate climatic measurements of the time frame you mentioned. The Good Lord gave us brains, so when scientists figure out stuff, we should rejoice in the revelation rather than try to discredit their findings because of some political agenda.

Ice core drilling' date=' isotopic analysis, etc. in Antarctica and Greenland yield accurate climatic measurements of the time frame you mentioned. The Good Lord gave us brains, so when scientists figure out stuff, we should rejoice in the revelation rather than try to discredit their findings because of some political agenda.[/quote']

 

I can't prove or disprove global warming, but we definitely impact air and water quality. Common sense tells me that we need to take care as to what we put in the ground and the air and/or how we put it there.

I can't prove or disprove global warming, but we definitely impact air and water quality. Common sense tells me that we need to take care as to what we put in the ground and the air and/or how we put it there.

 

That's how I feel. I believe that humans cause a great deal of harm to the environement. I am concerned for 100 years from now, not just what the effects are today.

Ice core drilling, isotopic analysis, etc. in Antarctica and Greenland yield accurate climatic measurements of the time frame you mentioned. The Good Lord gave us brains, so when scientists figure out stuff, we should rejoice in the revelation rather than try to discredit their findings because of some political agenda.
There was once no ice on the polar caps. Cycles will continue to change, you can bet we will be hearing of a coming ice age again.
I can't prove or disprove global warming, but we definitely impact air and water quality. Common sense tells me that we need to take care as to what we put in the ground and the air and/or how we put it there.
No one I know is in disagreement with that.
While I don't know if the 97 percent number that has been bandied about is totally accurate, I do believe that it's probably not far off of that in terms of serious, legitimate scientists who buy into some form of the idea of man-made climate change.

 

I also am 100 million percent confident that all of the 3 or whatever percent opposed to it are corporate shills for extraction industries or other heavy-polluting industries.

 

While I have little doubt that there have been plenty of opportunists arise to cash in on the "green" movement, I am not ready to believe that all 97 or whatever percent of those are cashing in. There may be a few who are probably preaching the most gloom and doom who are probably more beholden to "green" industries than actual science. But not all of them.

Shocked Jim blames corporate America

Since CO2 is the problem. Here is the solution. Everyone hold your breath for a week. That should fix the anthropogenic global warming problem caused human CO2 emissions.

When I was a kid winters where alot worse than this winter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.