Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question for you Kentucky fans

Featured Replies

This team was ranked #1 to start out the season.

Many of you by posting seem to agree.

 

This far into the season how disappointed are you with the team?:confused:

I can't speak for everyone but I hated that they were the #1 at the beginning of the season. After last year, you have to temper your expectations early on when we are playing so many freshman.

 

I've been frustrated at times but can honestly say that I'm not disappointed. A few more losses to teams in the SEC not named Florida and then I may change my tune a little.

 

It's all about the process.

Honestly with a team with so many Freshman, no matter how talented, it puzzles me that the folks doing the pre-season ratings don't account for that and can't see that a Number 1 ranking is asking a bit much.

 

Who doesn't understand the value of college ball experience, and know that it takes a bit of time to establish it? Can they prove themselves worthy of that pre-season slot as the season progresses? Maybe, but right out of the gate, a rating like that is shortsighted.

 

Sure a couple of years ago the Cats showed that it's possible, but in all reality that harmonic convergence will be seen less than more when every new season brings the same newbie wet behind the ears style to the game. That raised a bar for many to have unrealistic expectations.

This team was ranked #1 to start out the season.

Many of you by posting seem to agree.

 

This far into the season how disappointed are you with the team?:confused:

I put little stock in to preseason rankings. They are more an evaluation of talent and where people think they may be by the end of the season. The only disappointing part is the lack of development in some guys. I have seen enough promise to reserve judgement at this time. Very few teams out there scare me all that much.

I didn't think they were the best team in basketball to start the season, but I really expected they would be by the end of the year.

 

I'm disappointed because I don't believe this is a Final Four caliber team, much less a championship caliber team.

I didn't think UK deserved the preseason #1 ranking nor did I think they would go 40-0 but I though they would be better than they are now. Hopefully maturity and experience will come over the next month to get ready for the tournament.

I like their progress and think they will be a solid team come NCAA tournament time.

I'll admit it. I was pumped and thought they had a great shot at dominating.

 

Obviously that hasn't worked and in disappointed with their struggles mostly because Cal's other teams haven't seemed to play this dumb before. They have so much talent sometimes it can be frustrating watching them play.

 

That being said I've definitely not given up hope because as long as they're in the tournament then I believe they have a chance. They're good enough to knock anyone out but also bad enough they could lose the first game.

 

 

Gonna be interesting, and probably frustrating at times, to watch the home stretch of the season.

Ehh, it's all relative. Saw an article the day after the UNC loss that hit the nail on the head. Yeah, they had disappointed because they were preseason #1, but had they played the same schedule as Ohio State (that was the team that was used in the article, not my addition), they'd have still been #1.

 

I'm disappointed in the sense, I've seen little to no improvement from the likes of Randle and the twins, but still a lot of season to go, and they've still got more talent than anyone else, which usually comes in handy as the season winds down.

I like their progress and think they will be a solid team come NCAA tournament time.

 

Agree .If I was a seed in their bracket I would not look forward to playing them. Pre-season ranking too high. I believe Cal is a master at taking a new team each year and getting them to play as a team...exception...last year. Patients is what UK fans need with this team. I saw major improvements after the Christmas break. Still believe they can cut the nets down come April. Will they loose anymore game, believe they will. Learn from them will only make them stronger in post season.

Agree .If I was a seed in their bracket I would not look forward to playing them. Pre-season ranking too high. I believe Cal is a master at taking a new team each year and getting them to play as a team...exception...last year. Patients is what UK fans need with this team. I saw major improvements after the Christmas break. Still believe they can cut the nets down come April. Will they loose anymore game, believe they will. Learn from them will only make them stronger in post season.

 

Exactly right. Fans that think that every year will be like the championship year are crazy. Perfect example is the Brandon Knight led group. Sometimes it takes longer for a team to get some cohesivness. I think this team will be solid come tournament time

That preseason #1 rating meant very little to me. The only thing disappointing about this team is the Harrison twins. I expected more out of them. Everyone else I am pleased with. Randle - as good as advertised. Young - better than advertised. Willy - overall pleased with him. Poythress - improving and giving more than expected. Hawkins - better and more productive than I expected. Dakari - excited about his potential and I see him being a real wild card for this team. I want them to get better individually and as a team but I am not disappointed. I see progress and still have expectations for them to be a contender come tournament time.

That preseason #1 rating meant very little to me. The only thing disappointing about this team is the Harrison twins. I expected more out of them. Everyone else I am pleased with. Randle - as good as advertised. Young - better than advertised. Willy - overall pleased with him. Poythress - improving and giving more than expected. Hawkins - better and more productive than I expected. Dakari - excited about his potential and I see him being a real wild card for this team. I want them to get better individually and as a team but I am not disappointed. I see progress and still have expectations for them to be a contender come tournament time.

 

I'm not disappointed in them at all. Losing to talented, more experienced teams in the first couple months of the season isn't alarming to me, it's expected. The Arkansas game (in Bud Walton Arena) is always a tough game, no matter the talent of the two teams. I think Randle is developing even though his numbers haven't changed much. The game @ Arkansas was the most i've seen him pass to the perimeter after getting doubled or tripled. Yeah, he still forced some, but it was less than normal. I think his forcing has a lot to do with no one being able to throw a simple entry pass to him where he can get good position to score.

 

I do expect Andrew to start turning the ball over less. In my opninion, the best lineup right now is Aaron, Young, Poythress, Randle, and WCS.

I'll admit it. I was pumped and thought they had a great shot at dominating.

 

Obviously that hasn't worked and in disappointed with their struggles mostly because Cal's other teams haven't seemed to play this dumb before. They have so much talent sometimes it can be frustrating watching them play.

 

That being said I've definitely not given up hope because as long as they're in the tournament then I believe they have a chance. They're good enough to knock anyone out but also bad enough they could lose the first game.

 

 

Gonna be interesting, and probably frustrating at times, to watch the home stretch of the season.

 

Ditto.

I 100% agree with Gold Sunrise with what she said in post 10.

 

As for your question I did not think that U.K. was a #1 team then. For anyone, any publication to rank a team #1 that consist of a couple of players returning from a team that was a disappointment in 2012, a group of highly rated High School players coming in as Freshmen that have never played even one minute of college basketball is crazy.

Coach Cal is bringing these guys around and by seasons end hopefully they will be peaking. I also believe that U.K. can make a very deep run in the NCAA Tourney. National Championship ? Possibly but I am not predicting that at this time. I do believe that with the improvement they have shown after the first of the year/camp Cal that now they are underrated, imo there are not 12 or so teams better than U.K now, not close to that. A very high ranking at the end of the regular season will help to get the highest seed possible but the only #1 ranking that really matters is the one at the end of the NCAA Tournament.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.