Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question for you Kentucky fans

Featured Replies

Being number one at the beginning was crazy as many have already said. But they are only a few free throws away from being undefeated at this time too. That's my biggest disappointment with this team even though they are hard to watch at times. Better days are ahead for sure.

I'm not disappointed at all. It's mid-January and I have seen some improvements. So long as they continue to improve over the next 45 days, this team will be right in the thick of things & competing for a National Championship.

Only ranking that matters is the one at the end of March.

Only ranking that matters is the one at the end of March.

 

A good ranking at the end of the season makes you have a better season which can make that ranking at the end of the tournament better.

I think it is way to difficult to try to figure out how freshmen will play or even respond when they go on the road. I really liked the first half at Arkansas; thought they were really playing well. The last 9 minutes of the second half the game really bogged down. It became difficult to score for either team and the fouls were not helping. The only thing that I really wish they would fix, their reaction to fouls and/or bad situation. Facial expressions and hands in the air. They need to get past that. Its all part of the game. When the post season gets here and we see where they have to play and who they have to play; then I will predict how far they can go.

Most seem to be reverting back to preseason rankings and expectations of this team early in the year and how they shouldn't have been ranked so high. Talking to someone the other day about this and someone correct me if we are wrong but we thought Coach Cal had made comments in the preseason that this team could go undefeated this year at 40-0. If that's the case that's some crazy expectations of the head coach and getting the hopes up of all UK fans.

Most seem to be reverting back to preseason rankings and expectations of this team early in the year and how they shouldn't have been ranked so high. Talking to someone the other day about this and someone correct me if we are wrong but we thought Coach Cal had made comments in the preseason that this team could go undefeated this year at 40-0. If that's the case that's some crazy expectations of the head coach and getting the hopes up of all UK fans.

 

Not sure he said it about this team but did say he would like to coach an undefeated team

I'm not disappointed at all. It's mid-January and I have seen some improvements. So long as they continue to improve over the next 45 days, this team will be right in the thick of things & competing for a National Championship.

 

Agreed. Long way to go still and they will be in the hunt if they keep getting better.

"I wouldnt want to play this team come March"

"I wouldnt want to play this team come March"

 

Mo Egger's exact words on his radio show yesterday.

"I wouldnt want to play this team come March"

And I believe that is the mentality a lot of UK fans are taking. I think the opposite however may be the truth, "this looks like a team we wouldn't mind going up against in March." Fans also took that same mindset last season even though Coach Cal said from the onset that his team was not very good.

This team was ranked #1 to start out the season.

Many of you by posting seem to agree.

 

This far into the season how disappointed are you with the team?:confused:

Never thought they were #1 before the season started. Not dissapointed at all. It is what most people expected. The team never played together before so to think they should start the season at #1 is pretty ridiculous.

 

I'd say by the NCAA tourney they will be one of the top 10 teams.

Most seem to be reverting back to preseason rankings and expectations of this team early in the year and how they shouldn't have been ranked so high. Talking to someone the other day about this and someone correct me if we are wrong but we thought Coach Cal had made comments in the preseason that this team could go undefeated this year at 40-0. If that's the case that's some crazy expectations of the head coach and getting the hopes up of all UK fans.

He made that comment to Wiggins when he was recruiting him. He told him if he came to UK we could go 40-0. It was a recruiting ploy.

He made that comment to Wiggins when he was recruiting him. He told him if he came to UK we could go 40-0. It was a recruiting ploy.

 

The first reference to 40-0 from Cal was the day following UK's national championship game on Mike and Mike. I think it more stems from having two teams now that have won 38 games and he knows it can be done.

I'm slightly disappointed. However, I think the debacle of last year laid to rest any illusions (delusions?) that even the best freshman class ever was a cinch to be a great team. Therefore, my expectations were tempered. I think the "one-and -done" methodology is losing its luster somewhat. UK went from the sublime to the ridiculous (for UK) in one season. I wish I could say the Cats will be fine in March but I cannot embrace that view at this point in the season. I have to see more..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.