Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 17 Chargers 10

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I hear the announcers in the Broncos-Colts game correctly when they said that this was the first time Cincinnati had beaten San Diego at San Diego?

 

Bengals really really struggle on the West Coast, this was a big win.

Hellbird you wonder why people always call you negative, and its not being realistic because what you are saying is not realistic. Your whole thing on the secondary proves that. You act like receivers getting open, means a secondary is bad. This is a passing league now, every single game you see defenses and secondaries having guys get open. Its not just the Bengals, its going to happen people will get open. The Bengals pass rush this year has not been as good as last year, and they are all banged up and yet still the defense is holding top QB's down. People will get open, its about limiting that. Which the Bengals defense and secondary has been great at that. Not great, not terrible, just better than average.

Bengals really really struggle on the West Coast, this was a big win.

 

Haven't these current group of Bengals won their last 3 west coast games? All these old Bengal things keep getting thrown out the window with this group.

I don't think they have lost on west coast since 2009.

Did I hear the announcers in the Broncos-Colts game correctly when they said that this was the first time Cincinnati had beaten San Diego at San Diego?

 

Beat them in '03, lost to them in '09.

You not impressed? Wow how could I have ever guessed? What team would you consider to have a good secondary than maybe besides the Seahawks and 49ers, maybe the Browns. You talk about how bad the Bengals secondary is, yet we see week after week other QB's tear up all these other defenses. The Chiefs have a great pass rush and a great defense, and this same Chargers team torched them last week. This Bengals secondary has given up what one 300 yard passer in the last two years and that has been against good QB's. The horrible Andy Dalton has had better passer ratings than top QB's they played this year, because of those QB's going against this defense. Just face it man this secondary is not as bad you tried to make them out to be earlier in the year. They are not great but are better than average.

 

So if the Bengals secondary is terrible. Then what secondaries are good in your opinion, besides the two teams I mentioned.

 

This Def Backfield tackles better than any I have seen since the Fulcher years. They knock a lot of balls down with tight coverage. There is no way you can cover teams with rules set up to promote offense all the time. There are no individual great palyers, but collectively they are very good.

Actually I wasn't realimpressed with the secondary today at all. They were leaving guys wide open, the Chargers ran 3 of their first 4 completions on the same pass to Gates and it was as if they had no idea how to cover a TE. They made some good plays but allso let receivers run wide open. No I'm not impressed with the secondary as much as you are.

Linebackers responsible for TE in Bengals D. They historically are bad against good TEs. More of a Zimmer issue...

Boling may be out for the season.

Hellbird you wonder why people always call you negative, and its not being realistic because what you are saying is not realistic. Your whole thing on the secondary proves that. You act like receivers getting open, means a secondary is bad. This is a passing league now, every single game you see defenses and secondaries having guys get open. Its not just the Bengals, its going to happen people will get open. The Bengals pass rush this year has not been as good as last year, and they are all banged up and yet still the defense is holding top QB's down. People will get open, its about limiting that. Which the Bengals defense and secondary has been great at that. Not great, not terrible, just better than average.

They do tackle very good, something someone else stated and I agree with. I just think they are a step behind a lot of time, not that they can't cover, I just don't think they have the speed to cover the speed receivers. They are old. That is all. I am hoping Dre continues to improve so when Hall gets back next year he can step in and PacMan can go back to safety full time.

Boling may be out for the season.

 

That isn't good...especially if Zeitler isn't yet 100%.

 

Not wishing ill will on anyone, but this actually could be a good thing. I see Boling as the weakest link on the line which has struggled much of the year. I think Whitworth is better at guard than tackle and Collins will perform well at tackle.

Not wishing ill will on anyone, but this actually could be a good thing. I see Boling as the weakest link on the line which has struggled much of the year. I think Whitworth is better at guard than tackle and Collins will perform well at tackle.

I have said for awhile I think Whitt is a much better guard than tackle and I agree with you that having boling out isn't the worst thing, but we do need Zeitler badck soon.

You can pick it apart all you want. But you can't say that it's not a road win against an AFC team that is trying to stay in the hunt, and at a critical part of the season. Big win!!! Who Dey!!!

Boling may be out for the season.

 

Hitting "Dislike" button. Regardless of what we think of Boling, it is never a good thing to lose OL depth this late in the season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.