December 2, 201312 yr They do tackle very good, something someone else stated and I agree with. I just think they are a step behind a lot of time, not that they can't cover, I just don't think they have the speed to cover the speed receivers. They are old. That is all. I am hoping Dre continues to improve so when Hall gets back next year he can step in and PacMan can go back to safety full time. Which is kind of my point, you basically painted them to be horrible and almost like the worst in the league, and I think they have proved otherwise. They are not great by any means, and don't have anyone close to a shutdown corner. However the secondary does its job better than most secondaries. That is why I say they are not horrible, not great, just better than average. They have played every top QB in football the last 2 seasons besides Brees and have held everyone to under 300 yards the last two years. By the way I love your thinking on Pacman moving to safety. I think he can be a playmaker back there, kind of like Charles Woodson when he moved to safety when he got older.
December 2, 201312 yr Not wishing ill will on anyone, but this actually could be a good thing. I see Boling as the weakest link on the line which has struggled much of the year. I think Whitworth is better at guard than tackle and Collins will perform well at tackle. I have said for awhile I think Whitt is a much better guard than tackle and I agree with you that having boling out isn't the worst thing, but we do need Zeitler badck soon. Hellbird and I have been saying this for awhile now. Whit is an above average tackle, but is a great guard and Collins does a very good job when he plays. With Whit at guard and Collins at tackle, as long as Zeitler is back this line will be very good!
December 2, 201312 yr I will also say so all can read it. Our secondary is doing better than I thought they would. Dalton gets me so irrataded sometimes he affects my better judgement.
December 3, 201312 yr I will also say so all can read it. Our secondary is doing better than I thought they would. Dalton gets me so irrataded sometimes he affects my better judgement. Don't make me walk down there.....:walk:
December 4, 201312 yr I will also say so all can read it. Our secondary is doing better than I thought they would. Dalton gets me so irrataded sometimes he affects my better judgement. Hey I am sharing that same feeling. In 2005 with that offense I felt like we truly had a chance, and my heart was broken once Palmer got hurt. I truly feel like once again this team has all the pieces on offense, defense, and special teams if our QB play could be more consistent in a good way. I feel like this offense has more weapons than were showing, because we can't take advantage of these weapons because of our QB play. Its very frustrating, and one of those things we are stuck to deal with this year and just hope we make the playoffs and somehow Dalton can manage to put a few good games together again in a row.
December 30, 201312 yr We get the Chargers again. I love our chances of beating the Chargers in the playoffs just like we did in this game. The Chargers are a team that you never know which team would show up. The week after we beat them, the Chargers go to Denver and win. Then today they barely beat a bunch of backups. As long as the Bengals continue to play like they have at home, and take care of business I like the chances of breaking that playoff win drought! Who Dey!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.