Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 17 Chargers 10

Featured Replies

Good win. Can't say enough about the Defense. Even when guys go down they just plug someone else in and get the job done.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I hear the announcers in the Broncos-Colts game correctly when they said that this was the first time Cincinnati had beaten San Diego at San Diego?

Did I hear the announcers in the Broncos-Colts game correctly when they said that this was the first time Cincinnati had beaten San Diego at San Diego?

 

They beat them last year in San Diego.

Just saw a tweet: Dalton better QB rating head to head against Rivers, Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, and Big Ben. Most of that has to do with our defense. Good win today. Andy finished pretty good but had some absolute terrible passes today. Win and move on. It will be Defense and Special Teams that will win games. Just need Andy to not turn the ball over.

Defense and solid special teams will win you a lot of games and get you to the playoffs. This offense is not playoff caliber to go deep into them. QB just has to play better. That's the horse we're on, so we gotta' ride it.

They beat them last year in San Diego.

 

Thought it sounded weird when they said it. Maybe I misheard, but I could have sworn that's what they said.

Dalton once again horrible. Made a couple of the worst throws I've ever seen him make and that is saying something. Even had Dan Fouts wondering what the heck he was doing.

Dalton once again horrible. Made a couple of the worst throws I've ever seen him make and that is saying something. Even had Dan Fouts wondering what the heck he was doing.

 

First half he was horrible, 2nd half he wasn't horrible. He was ok. He made several good throws, I know you will say 2 but there were more. It's hard for you man, isn't it?

Dalton once again horrible. Made a couple of the worst throws I've ever seen him make and that is saying something. Even had Dan Fouts wondering what the heck he was doing.

 

Two things Dalton is not Akli Smith like you referred to in the update thread, but I get what you were saying because his play was that bad haha. I am as fed up with Dalton as you are, because this team has the pieces. However he is what were stuck with for this season, and he did play actually a really good second half and not just two throws as you said. It is crazy how streaky he is. With that said the Bengals still need to either sign Jay Cutler in the off season, or at least draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round to push Dalton next year no matter how they end up doing this year. He is so frustrating to watch.

By the way Hellbird have you came off your rant about how about the secondary is? I think the secondary has shown that they were not as bad as you proclaimed them to be. While they are not great, they are an average secondary and very comparable to most secondaries in the NFL. They will have their bad days sometimes, but will have more good than bad. They have shown that all season even against top QB's, and that continued today even though Rivers was able to have time to throw.

Huge win today! Great job by the defense! Dalton is so inconsistent. He was flat out bad again in the first half, but did play well in the second half. They got the win and that is all that matters!

 

Who Dey!

By the way Hellbird have you came off your rant about how about the secondary is? I think the secondary has shown that they were not as bad as you proclaimed them to be. While they are not great, they are an average secondary and very comparable to most secondaries in the NFL. They will have their bad days sometimes, but will have more good than bad. They have shown that all season even against top QB's, and that continued today even though Rivers was able to have time to throw.
Actually I wasn't realimpressed with the secondary today at all. They were leaving guys wide open, the Chargers ran 3 of their first 4 completions on the same pass to Gates and it was as if they had no idea how to cover a TE. They made some good plays but allso let receivers run wide open. No I'm not impressed with the secondary as much as you are.
First half he was horrible, 2nd half he wasn't horrible. He was ok. He made several good throws, I know you will say 2 but there were more. It's hard for you man, isn't it?

When 95% of his passes he completes are 1-2 yard passes, well I just don't consider that good because the majority of his passes down field aren't close.

That banged up defense just keeps bringing it. Hope the second half indicates Dalton is about to get streaky in a good way but not holding my breath. Two game division lead with four to play, keep it going.

Actually I wasn't realimpressed with the secondary today at all. They were leaving guys wide open, the Chargers ran 3 of their first 4 completions on the same pass to Gates and it was as if they had no idea how to cover a TE. They made some good plays but allso let receivers run wide open. No I'm not impressed with the secondary as much as you are.

 

You not impressed? Wow how could I have ever guessed? What team would you consider to have a good secondary than maybe besides the Seahawks and 49ers, maybe the Browns. You talk about how bad the Bengals secondary is, yet we see week after week other QB's tear up all these other defenses. The Chiefs have a great pass rush and a great defense, and this same Chargers team torched them last week. This Bengals secondary has given up what one 300 yard passer in the last two years and that has been against good QB's. The horrible Andy Dalton has had better passer ratings than top QB's they played this year, because of those QB's going against this defense. Just face it man this secondary is not as bad you tried to make them out to be earlier in the year. They are not great but are better than average.

 

So if the Bengals secondary is terrible. Then what secondaries are good in your opinion, besides the two teams I mentioned.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.