Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why does the NFL still allow Ties?

Featured Replies

Packers and Vikings tie today 26-26. Why does the NFL allow ties? It just messes everything up playoff-wise.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great question

Packers and Vikings tie today 26-26. Why does the NFL allow ties? It just messes everything up playoff-wise.

 

I disagree. I like them. Ties add an interesting twist to the playoff picture.

Packers and Vikings tie today 26-26. Why does the NFL allow ties? It just messes everything up playoff-wise.

 

I don't think it messes anything up.

  • Author
I disagree. I like them. Ties add an interesting twist to the playoff picture.

 

I think it is just so confusing and there are so few ties every year it just makes it hard to determine who has to do what..........no ties in high school, no ties in college.

 

How much more interesting would it be if the NFL went to the Ohio high school Overtime rules (ball on 20 and you can get a first down) if regular 15 minutes of overtime still resulted in a tie?

What if a NBA game ended in a tie? Or MLB (not counting All-Star game)?

To compete at such a high level & have no one come away victorious?

 

Not a fan.

Football is the most popular sport in the country but it is ran by people who fail to use common sense and logic when it comes to enhancing the league in regards to the rules of the league. They destroy it more and more each year. Ties are inexcusable.

I disagree. I like them. Ties add an interesting twist to the playoff picture.

I agree. I kind of like ties, too. (My son and I suffered through the frigid Bengals-Eagles 13-13 tie a few years ago.) I believe before the NFL instituted the 5th quarter for regular-season OT games, ties were simply tossed aside when determining division winners and playoff seeding, and didn't count for half a win and half a loss. (Still may be the case; I don't know.) In other words, if a team finished 8-2 with six ties (hypothetical, of course), it finished ahead of a team that went 11-3-2, because a winning percentage of 80 percent beats 78.5 percent.

In honor of Edgar E. “Rip” Miller - “A tie is like kissing your sister.”

 

kissing-your-sister.jpg

Because we don' need to watch two average teams playing for 8 hours. BTW, ties mess nothing up, if you go 8-7-1 you are worse than a 9-7 team and better than the 8-8 team.

Games with clocks have them for good reason. Unless it's a playoff and you need a winner, then the two teams played to a deadlock and couldn't sort it out. Mark it as a draw and be done with it. Truth be told, I don't understand why they even bother playing an overtime in regular season games.

Like I said on Twitter, ties are for soccer...

Unless it's a playoff and you need a winner, then the two teams played to a deadlock and couldn't sort it out. Mark it as a draw and be done with it. Truth be told, I don't understand why they even bother playing an overtime in regular season games.

 

This would obviously never happen... But what if every game is a tie?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.