Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chane Behanan kicked off UL team

Featured Replies

If a regular student was caught doing that in the dorms what would happen?

  • Replies 173
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If a regular student was caught doing that in the dorms what would happen?

 

Depends on the school. At UK I know someone who was caught and they were banned from Greg Page Apartments for a year.

Oh, it's academics. And it's not even close. UofL's budget for academic research alone is many times larger than the athletics budget.

 

Oh come on Getslow. Whose side are you on? I'm over here fighting for you and you're killing my argument. :D

 

Okay, I stand corrected. Didn't UL athletics take in more cash last year than any other college? Or aren't they top 5 at least?

No they don't.

 

We'll agree to disagree then.

 

Never at anytime in life will the student athlete be treated the same as a regular student and they shoudn't be.

I don't. Academics are the most overrated thing in the world. You don't need academics to make money in this country. All you need is friends, social skills and common sense.

 

Which makes more money for the school? Academics or athletics? You do understand we live in a capitalist society? Money talks.

If UL Medical Center as a Teaching Hospital is counted it's not close...Academics kill athletics at UL when it comes to making money! UL Hospital takes in almost $2 Billion per year in Revenue.
Behanan is a multiple multiple multiple drug offender.

It takes quite a few dirty tests to get suspended and it takes a bunch more to get what he got.

What was surprising is that it took the media two or three days to catch on that he was booted and only then it was in the press release. He had been booted a few days before.

Ware was also suspended for having a dirty drug test as well, but no way they would release and ruin the national story that he became. Easier to hide it through him doing rehab and so forth.

At some point enough is enough and you got to move on. I guess he will have to have some clean tests all the way through the end of the semester and if he does, he will be back.

 

Drug use is only half of the story he has other problems that are larger!

Drug use is only half of the story he has other problems that are larger!

 

Go on...

Drug use is only half of the story he has other problems that are larger!

 

Yes please explain.....

Oh come on Getslow. Whose side are you on? I'm over here fighting for you and you're killing my argument. :D

 

Okay, I stand corrected. Didn't UL athletics take in more cash last year than any other college? Or aren't they top 5 at least?

 

Yeah, Louisville's athletic programs have definitely been putting up garish numbers in the revenue department, though I don't know where they stack up as far as any sort of ranking.

 

And I'm not trying to knock the wind out of your sail or anything here... I absolutely think Behanan ought to get another shot if he's been suspended for marijuana use. I also think that some stoned-out art major who gets caught with a bag should get another chance too, but we'll start with the basketball stars.

Believe that Kenny Kline and Mr. Sullivan should have done their research better. Preston Knowles was removed from the dorm just a few years ago....how could they not know this......:wacky:

 

Quick return from suspension for suspended Louisville basketball forward Chane Behanan may not be in the cards

 

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20131020/COLUMNISTS01/310200057/Tim-Sullivan-Quick-return-from-suspension-suspended-Louisville-basketball-forward-Chane-Behanan-may-not-cards

 

Pitino has suspended players before, but the residence hall suspension is so rare that U of L spokesman Kenny Klein said he could not recall a previous basketball player being so penalized.

 

Where there is no precedent, there is no pattern. Expecting Behanan to be welcomed back quickly because of Pitino’s disciplinary history, then, is like expecting a judge to deliver the same sentence to different criminals for different crimes.

I heard he had a gun in the dorm and that although he may have a had a permit to have the gun, he was told not to have it in the dorm. I'm definitely not an insider so I don't know if this is true.

I heard he had a gun in the dorm and that although he may have a had a permit to have the gun, he was told not to have it in the dorm. I'm definitely not an insider so I don't know if this is true.

 

Umm, yeah, if true, I can see how that could put his status with the university in jeopardy.

Drug use is only half of the story he has other problems that are larger!

 

Unless he is charged with a felony UL will continue to look the other way.

Unless he is charged with a felony UL will continue to look the other way.

 

As would the majority of schools, including UK, Ohio State, Duke, UNC, etc., etc....

Yeah, because UL is the ONLY school that knows their athletes smoke dope.

 

Yeah it's funny how you never hear about college kids getting suspended for drug use. Seems they are all outstanding young men.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.