October 25, 201312 yr To be fair, in that press conference the very first day this broke, Pitino used the words "indefinite suspension." Then this week he said... "He knew the rules, and he knew he was on his last chance, and then he broke them, and continued to break them once he was on suspension," Pitino said. ". . . It's totally out of our hands and in his hands, and so far everything he has put in his hands has not turned out real well right now. We're moving on, planning on playing without him, and if the day comes when he comes back, he'll be welcomed with open arms. But that's a long way from happening." Maybe three or four days is a Long Time to Pitino...
October 25, 201312 yr Goes from no longer part of the team to will he back soon. Only at UL. The entire program has taken major steps back recently, from a program that pretended to be the face of compliance. What a joke!!!!!! Nothing surprises me with ol Quick Rick...
October 25, 201312 yr Goes from no longer part of the team to will he back soon. Only at UL. The entire program has taken major steps back recently, from a program that pretended to be the face of compliance. LSU would be close, but even they eventually cut the ties with some.
October 25, 201312 yr Then this week he said... Maybe three or four days is a Long Time to Pitino... 30 seconds is a long time for Rick Pitino.
October 25, 201312 yr I just read all 9 pages of this thread and while I'm not a UofL fan or basher this is what I think: 1) If it was just marijuana in the dorms, I have no problem with him returning to the team. As others have said, he's not the only one lighting up on a college campus. 2) This is definitely not just something that happens at UofL. I was in Lexington last weekend and one of my friends detailed the numerous parties he had been to with many UK basketball players and the things they took part in while at those parties.
October 25, 201312 yr I just read all 9 pages of this thread and while I'm not a UofL fan or basher this is what I think: 1) If it was just marijuana in the dorms, I have no problem with him returning to the team. As others have said, he's not the only one lighting up on a college campus. 2) This is definitely not just something that happens at UofL. I was in Lexington last weekend and one of my friends detailed the numerous parties he had been to with many UK basketball players and the things they took part in while at those parties. I do think it is about the incident, it is about the multiple incidents and trying to act as if a lesson has been taught by suspending him from his PS4 for a week. And yes, all teams are guilty of that as well but this episode and subsequent punishment or lack-there-of has been high profile.
October 25, 201312 yr 30 seconds is a long time for Rick Pitino. Exactly. 30 seconds has turned into a life time for him. Imagine what a few days is...probably eternity.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.