Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chane Behanan kicked off UL team

Featured Replies

Behanan is a multiple multiple multiple drug offender.

It takes quite a few dirty tests to get suspended and it takes a bunch more to get what he got.

What was surprising is that it took the media two or three days to catch on that he was booted and only then it was in the press release. He had been booted a few days before.

Ware was also suspended for having a dirty drug test as well, but no way they would release and ruin the national story that he became. Easier to hide it through him doing rehab and so forth.

At some point enough is enough and you got to move on. I guess he will have to have some clean tests all the way through the end of the semester and if he does, he will be back.

 

Unbelievable. :no:

  • Replies 173
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These kids will never learn. It's sad that because of who he is and that he plays athletics that he is able to still be allowed a chance to stay in school and play sports.

 

 

IMO he should be kicked off the team and out of school.

 

 

If a regular academic student failed multiple drug tests there is no doubt they'd be given that many chances.

These kids will never learn. It's sad that because of who he is and that he plays athletics that he is able to still be allowed a chance to stay in school and play sports.

 

 

IMO he should be kicked off the team and out of school.

 

 

If a regular academic student failed multiple drug tests there is no doubt they'd be given that many chances.

 

1. He's not a regular academic student.

 

2. Not sure if things have changed but regular academic students weren't regularly or randomly drug tested when I was in school. I'd argue that if they did drug test regular students randomly or regularly then schools would lose hundreds of students each semester.

1. He's not a regular academic student.

 

2. Not sure if things have changed but regular academic students weren't regularly or randomly drug tested when I was in school. I'd argue that if they did drug test regular students randomly or regularly then schools would lose hundreds of students each semester.

 

 

He's still an academic student though, even though it's a laughable matter that he probably even takes the classes.

 

 

2. Students can be drug tested, and while it may not be random, if students are drug tested and they fail them then after 1 or 2 failed tests they are expelled from the university. The same standards should be held for athletes as well.

 

 

Just so I understand though if a regular academic student majoring in engineering fails 2 or more drug tests they are expelled but an academic student who is playing basketball fails multiple drug tests and they, more than likely, get a slap on the wrist and allowed to stay? As I've said, not fair in any way.

 

I just despise the precedent that athletics has taken over academics.

Behanan is a multiple multiple multiple drug offender. It takes quite a few dirty tests to get suspended and it takes a bunch more to get what he got. What was surprising is that it took the media two or three days to catch on that he was booted and only then it was in the press release. He had been booted a few days before. Ware was also suspended for having a dirty drug test as well' date=' but no way they would release and ruin the national story that he became. Easier to hide it through him doing rehab and so forth. At some point enough is enough and you got to move on. I guess he will have to have some clean tests all the way through the end of the semester and if he does, he will be back.[/quote']

 

It's gonna be L1C8 chances for Chane soon... No integrity all about winning.

He's still an academic student though, even though it's a laughable matter that he probably even takes the classes.

 

 

2. Students can be drug tested, and while it may not be random, if students are drug tested and they fail them then after 1 or 2 failed tests they are expelled from the university. The same standards should be held for athletes as well.

 

 

Just so I understand though if a regular academic student majoring in engineering fails 2 or more drug tests they are expelled but an academic student who is playing basketball fails multiple drug tests and they, more than likely, get a slap on the wrist and allowed to stay? As I've said, not fair in any way.

 

I just despise the precedent that athletics has taken over academics.

 

 

I don't. Academics are the most overrated thing in the world. You don't need academics to make money in this country. All you need is friends, social skills and common sense.

 

Which makes more money for the school? Academics or athletics? You do understand we live in a capitalist society? Money talks.

It's gonna be L1C8 chances for Chane soon... No integrity all about winning.

 

Yeah, because UL is the ONLY school that knows their athletes smoke dope.

He's still an academic student though, even though it's a laughable matter that he probably even takes the classes.

 

 

2. Students can be drug tested, and while it may not be random, if students are drug tested and they fail them then after 1 or 2 failed tests they are expelled from the university. The same standards should be held for athletes as well.

 

 

Just so I understand though if a regular academic student majoring in engineering fails 2 or more drug tests they are expelled but an academic student who is playing basketball fails multiple drug tests and they, more than likely, get a slap on the wrist and allowed to stay? As I've said, not fair in any way.

 

I just despise the precedent that athletics has taken over academics.

 

 

 

Under what circumstances would a regular student be getting drug tested?

 

Under what circumstances are college athletes treated the same as regular students? Is that a serious statement? I'd love to have been able to miss classes so I could travel across the United States to play a 2 hour and 30 minute game that makes my school millions of dollars without worrying about failing my class. I'd love to have people begging to do my homework so I could remain academically eligible and so I could watch All My Children and take bong hits with whoever had weed available. I'd love to have brand new vehicles at my disposal just because I could hit a jumper from 30 feet out.

 

 

Quit being so naive, SVfan.....:lol:

 

If this bothers you then you don't want to know what really goes in Lexington. :lol:

The reason these kids will never learn is because schools care more about winning than doing what's right and teaching the right lessons. I'm not just talking about Chane but in general it's pitiful how student athletes get more chances than regular students.

The reason these kids will never learn is because schools care more about winning than doing what's right and teaching the right lessons. I'm not just talking about Chane but in general it's pitiful how student athletes get more chances than regular students.

 

Student athletes deserve more chances than a regular student. They aren't regular students.

Edited by PurplePride92

Under what circumstances would a regular student be getting drug tested? Under what circumstances are college athletes treated the same as regular students? Is that a serious statement? I'd love to have been able to miss classes so I could travel across the United States to play a 2 hour and 30 minute game that makes my school millions of dollars without worrying about failing my class. I'd love to have people begging to do my homework so I could remain academically eligible and so I could watch All My Children and take bong hits with whoever had weed available. I'd love to have brand new vehicles at my disposal just because I could hit a jumper from 30 feet out. Quit being so naive' date=' SVfan.....:lol: If this bothers you then you don't want to know what really goes in Lexington. :lol:[/quote']

 

 

I'm not saying it only happens at certain schools, in sure UK is guilty of it plenty of times. Doesn't make it any better though.

Student athletes deserve more chances than a regular student. They aren't regular students.

 

No they don't.

No they don't.

 

The university doesn't make millions of dollars off some Joe sitting in political science, they make if off the football/basketball student-athlete.

 

And as far as "the school cares more about winning than doing what's right," Tyrann Mathieu would beg to differ with you on that assessment.

Which makes more money for the school? Academics or athletics? You do understand we live in a capitalist society? Money talks.

 

Oh, it's academics. And it's not even close. UofL's budget for academic research alone is many times larger than the athletics budget.

The Regular Student vs. Athlete debate comes up many times across many different areas. Comparing the two is laughable.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.