Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McConnell

Featured Replies

Will the deal that he brokered with Democrats help or hinder him in his primary fight in Kentucky ?

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to see exactly what the deal was before I can decide. If he "McCained" and just rolled over I will not be very supportive of him. If he and Reid actually were able to work out a true compromise then I will look more favorably on him. I just don't know enough about the deal they made to make an informed comment.

My guess it will be a non issue as he and his opponent will find arguments to defend/criticize the agreement.

  • Author

I heard this morning that there is money earmarked for a Dam on the Ohio(?) at Monkey's Eyebrow Ky. ,the Olmsted dam Project , in the deal . Wish I could vote for him in the upcoming primary. I gained new respect for him yesterday .

I heard this morning that there is money earmarked for a Dam on the Ohio(?) at Monkey's Eyebrow Ky. ,the Olmsted dam Project , in the deal . Wish I could vote for him in the upcoming primary. I gained new respect for him yesterday .

 

I've never been a fan of his, although I'm sure I'm more partial than you, but I agree. Mitch deserves some credit for hammering out a deal and getting things (hopefully) back on track.

I heard this morning that there is money earmarked for a Dam on the Ohio(?) at Monkey's Eyebrow Ky. ,the Olmsted dam Project , in the deal . Wish I could vote for him in the upcoming primary. I gained new respect for him yesterday .

 

Read an article yesterday that stated that money was appropriated for this project months ago and was there already...I guess in the talks it was just "ensured" it would stay there. $3 billion more dollars for a project that was supposed to cost $770 million that has ALREADY run over that cost BEFORE adding the $3 billion extra. THAT is something that needs to be looked into.

I've never been a fan of his, although I'm sure I'm more partial than you, but I agree. Mitch deserves some credit for hammering out a deal and getting things (hopefully) back on track.

 

They didnt do anything. All they did was kick the can down the road.

They didnt do anything. All they did was kick the can down the road.

 

The government is going back to work. IMO, that's something. :idunno:

Read an article yesterday that stated that money was appropriated for this project months ago and was there already...I guess in the talks it was just "ensured" it would stay there. $3 billion more dollars for a project that was supposed to cost $770 million that has ALREADY run over that cost BEFORE adding the $3 billion extra. THAT is something that needs to be looked into.

Why is the dam being built?

Probably hurt him in the primary and help him in the general election. I think his biggest challenge is in the general election so good move by McConnell.

Seeing Mitch nearly break his arm patting himself on the back and bragging about " historical achievements " yesterday made me want to vomit . I'll not support him any longer .

The government is going back to work. IMO, that's something. :idunno:

 

How, they were going to get paid for not working, now that they are "back" there getting back pay for doing nothing.

Probably hurt him in the primary and help him in the general election. I think his biggest challenge is in the general election so good move by McConnell.

 

This.

How, they were going to get paid for not working, now that they are "back" there getting back pay for doing nothing.

 

I am a federal employee and please explain to me why I should not be paid? Curious to hear your explanation.

Couple of years ago the small company I worked for closed for a few days, nothing that I could control. My options were to either use vacation time or time off with no pay. There was no back pay.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.