McConnell

Dlbdonn

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you work? If you worked but didnt get pay, then yes you should get paid. If you didnt work during that time, then no you should not get paid.

You must be a good friend of Ted Cruz. No was not allowed to work, nor was I able to get unemployment, nor was I able to get another job because that must be approved ahead of time. So because the babies in DC cannot agree, all of the federal employees should not get paid yet they never stopped receiving a paycheck. No wonder this country is the mess that it is.

Small, privately owned medical practice. And I was salaried. Closed because of the weather and we were told not to come in. Options were vacay time or TO with no pay.

Same issue in our organization, didn't matter if you were salaried or hourly. It is what it is, should be the same for the government but it won't.

Why is the dam being built?

From the project website:

Construction update

The Locks and Dam 52 and 53 Replacement Project, known as the Olmsted Locks and Dam, is under construction between Illinois and Kentucky about 17 miles upstream from the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers. The locks are complete and work on the dam continues. Olmsted will replace locks and dams 53 and 52 and greatly reduce tow and barge delays through the busiest stretch of river in America's inland waterways.

The economic crisis hit our business in 2009...in addition to layoffs there were short work weeks, paycuts, and whatever else was needed to survive the decline in revenue. To me the shut down of government could have been a great cost-saving idea, but it wont play out that way.

Small, privately owned medical practice. And I was salaried. Closed because of the weather and we were told not to come in. Options were vacay time or TO with no pay.
Must have been Horrendous weather . I've had that happen when I was working in Carrollton ,living in Ft Thomas and we had those snow storms in the late 70's . No work no pay , such is the life of a Union construction worker .

The economic crisis hit our business in 2009...in addition to layoffs there were short work weeks, paycuts, and whatever else was needed to survive the decline in revenue. To me the shut down of government could have been a great cost-saving idea, but it wont play out that way.

I read somewhere that the cost of the shut-down was $24 billion. I don't know how that is substantiated.

What a traitor he is, he may as well sleep with Obama. I wrote him and told him I would never vote for him again. He deserves as does Boener, Pelosi, Obama, Reid, McCain, Feinstein, Jarrett, Holder, Carney, what a traitor gets. They have led America to ruin and disaster with their back door deals, political correctness, gun control crap, and deserve to be done to what a traitor gets.

My fear is that the people of KY are going to do just like the people of Indiana, Missouri and Nevada did. They are going to nominate someone that can't win the general election because they are upset with McConnell. While I agree with most of the Tea Party policy I blame the Tea Party for still having Harry Reid as speaker. Had they not pushed for the nomination of loon Sharon Angle he's gone. I blame them for Claire McCaskell still being in office from Missouri because they backed a loon with idiotic views on rape. I blame them for a liberal Democrat holding a seat from Indiana because they backed the nomination of a man who was too stupid to dance around a gotcha question in a debate. If Republicans in KY are STUPID enough to nominate McConnell's primary opponent then you have just granted Harry Reid another vote in the Senate because right now like it or not the only Republican who can beat Daddy's girl Allison Grimes is McConnell and we all know that if she is elected she's going to be a 100% committed talking head for the Obama/Reid agenda.