Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McConnell

Featured Replies

You may not realize how much commerce is shipped via barge and that the Ohio/Mississippi confluence is one of the most important in the country.

 

While I agree with you, my question is, is the full 2 billion (or was it 3) needed for the project or was quite a bit of fat added to the project to sell out McConnell? I don't know but I am skeptical.

 

While I like the economic push this will give the state, I hate unneeded pork barrel spending.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

While I agree with you, my question is, is the full 2 billion (or was it 3) needed for the project or was quite a bit of fat added to the project to sell out McConnell? I don't know but I am skeptical.

 

While I like the economic push this will give the state, I hate unneeded pork barrel spending.

 

I have no idea. But given the cost of the bridges project here in Louisville, 3 billion for the dam is a bargain.

 

While I agree with you, my question is, is the full 2 billion (or was it 3) needed for the project or was quite a bit of fat added to the project to sell out McConnell? I don't know but I am skeptical.

 

While I like the economic push this will give the state, I hate unneeded pork barrel spending.

 

Here's some explanation of the project:

 

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/watchdogearth/2013/10/16/mitch-mcconnell-olmsted-dam-and-the-backstory-of-wha-call-the-kentucky-kickback/

 

I have no idea. But given the cost of the bridges project here in Louisville, 3 billion for the dam is a bargain.

 

As a point of reference, the bridges project is roughly 2.5B. But the logistics of a dam, IMO, are far more complicated than the bridges. Which is why I think the dam is a bargain. Plus the dam and lock being replaced are a century old. One can project a similar lifespan, I would speculate, of the new one. How long till we need to replace one of the older bridge or need yet another new bridge?

Poll: Grimes Edging McConnell in Kentucky | RealClearPolitics

 

The Senate minority leader narrowly trails Kentucky's Democratic secretary of state, Alison Lundergan Grimes, in his 2014 re-election bid, according to a new survey conducted by the Democratically affiliated Public Policy Polling for progressive group Americans United for Change.

Lundergan Grimes leads McConnell by a two-point margin (45 percent to 43 percent), which is within the poll’s margin of error (plus or minus 2.8 percent). Twelve percent of respondents remained undecided.

I'll vote for McConnell because he was pretty cool when he came to Corning.

I'll vote for McConnell because he was pretty cool when he came to Corning.

 

Next thing you know you'll be emptying your checkbook to him. That's how he gets you.

Next thing you know you'll be emptying your checkbook to him. That's how he gets you.

 

If he wants to get to PP92, it'll be through his stomach & not his wallet.

If he wants to get to PP92, it'll be through his stomach & not his wallet.

 

Word up.

Next thing you know you'll be emptying your checkbook to him. That's how he gets you.

 

Naw. He won't get money from me that is already in my wallet. :lol: He better do some funny taxes or something.

I'll vote for McConnell because he was pretty cool when he came to Corning.

 

Using McConnell and cool in the same sentence is a stretch, regardless of how you vote.

Using McConnell and cool in the same sentence is a stretch, regardless of how you vote.

 

:lol2::lol2:

 

Coming from someone who has voted for McConnell, I agree.

Using McConnell and cool in the same sentence is a stretch, regardless of how you vote.

 

I can't front. I was very impressed with him when he visited our plant.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.