Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teacher to student texts... Wow!

Featured Replies

I'm not familiar with what the rules are, but I'd say stay away from texting all together. Use Twitter instead for announcements like that so that there is a public record.

 

Not everyone has twitter. My kids coach texts them about pract and games. I see no problem with texting, it is public too, just look at what was on the 1st post.

 

But I do know what you are talking about.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parties at the end of band camp used to be rowdy. :lol2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41342[/ATTACH]

 

I'm guessing the teacher is the guy on the right and he looks 40ish the other guy is too well dressed like a slickster lawyer lol

You are correct.

  • Author
Does it surprise anyone that Eric Deter's law firm are the ones taking the case on behalf of the band director? What scum bags.

 

I think you are off course. Different cases/circumstances require different kinds of lawyers.

 

I realize Deters isn't very likable at times but he is way smarter than most people give him credit for.

Did I read that they released the girl's name to the press? Who did that? Deters and Crew? How has a bigger deal not been made out of that?

And as for the texts, as soon as he tells the girl that he is going to smack her behind...people don't see that as purely sexual?

I think you are off course. Different cases/circumstances require different kinds of lawyers.

 

I realize Deters isn't very likable at times but he is way smarter than most people give him credit for.

 

I agree with what you are saying. Jessie Pinkman said it best in Breaking Bad. "You don't want a criminal lawyer... you want a criminal lawyer,"

 

"You don't want a criminal lawyer... you want a criminal lawyer,"

What is really wrong is the teacher dont think he is really wrong. And boy is he really stupid.

And as for the texts, as soon as he tells the girl that he is going to smack her behind...people don't see that as purely sexual?

 

I assume you'd know....Is sending the texts that he sent, a crime? Clearly he was way out of line and deserved to lose his job, I'm just wondering if a crime was committed.

:thumb: Agreed! Nobody to blame but himself. I hope the Holmes community realizes this and bounces back. I have always been impressed with the Holmes band at games. Seems like a lot of participation and enthusiasm with those band students. Hope they find a replacement soon so the tradition can continue.

 

His success was due to his "hands-on" approach. :sssh:

I assume you'd know....Is sending the texts that he sent, a crime? Clearly he was way out of line and deserved to lose his job, I'm just wondering if a crime was committed.

 

Could be a crime. IF you take the *** slapping as sexual, then it is sexual harrasment

If you take the *** slapping as a form of punishment then it can be taken as terroristic threatening.

In an interview with 700 WLW and then at a press conference immediately following, Murray said that he aimed to be a father figure for the girl and for many of his students. His attorney, Chris Roach of the Eric Deters Law Firm, said at the time that the girl's home life was troubled and that Murray sought to counsel her.

 

So Eric isn't handling this one personally, aye? I guess even he knows this one is never going to end up in the W column. ....gotta keep up his winning reputation, right? (But still keep the money flowing in his doors :sssh: )

So Eric isn't handling this one personally, aye? I guess even he knows this one is never going to end up in the W column. ....gotta keep up his winning reputation, right? (But still keep the money flowing in his doors :sssh: )
Ironically, we got a hang-up call from Eric Deters the other day. Scared the crap out of me. :cool:

 

Now I'm just curious.

  • Author
So Eric isn't handling this one personally, aye? I guess even he knows this one is never going to end up in the W column. ....gotta keep up his winning reputation, right? (But still keep the money flowing in his doors :sssh: )

 

I don't think that's it at all, remember his license is currently suspended so Eric has to hand off to one of his soldiers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.