October 10, 201312 yr Hmmm, you may be right, just wondering if he's 22 or 42. He did say if only I was 20 years younger which leads me to believe he was in his 40's or close to it.
October 10, 201312 yr Does it surprise anyone that Eric Deter's law firm are the ones taking the case on behalf of the band director? What scum bags.
October 10, 201312 yr So am I correct in saying the list of horny teachers in NKY is now Highlands, Holmes and Dixie? PP92, we in NKY are lovers not fighters :sssh:
October 10, 201312 yr ...and allegedly Bellevue but she got off on her charges.Maybe not the "best" choice of words.
October 10, 201312 yr Does it surprise anyone that Eric Deter's law firm are the ones taking the case on behalf of the band director? What scum bags.Not a bit surprised. As for his excuses for these texts: A. That is not "counseling." B. Even if you buy the idea that these are not sexually oriented conversations, the man appears to show no concept of proper boundaries.
October 10, 201312 yr Does it surprise anyone that Eric Deter's law firm are the ones taking the case on behalf of the band director? What scum bags. If I were ever accused of any crimes, I know they'd be the first and only law firm I called. May not like them, but they are damn good at what they do.
October 10, 201312 yr Parents - talk to your children and be viligant with protecting them. Start early while they listen. For every one of these situations that we hear and read about, there are others that have not come to the surface. There is a lot of evil in the world. It is worth the risk of being seen as nosy and snooping in their business.
October 10, 201312 yr Holmes High School Band: Band Staff DIRECTOR OF BANDS Jared Murray [email protected] Mr. Murray is in his third year as Director of Bands of both Holmes High School and Middle School. Previously he served as the band director at Holmes Middle School. During his tenure at Holmes the bands have received numerous awards, distinguished, and proficient ratings He received his Bachelor of Music in Music Education degree from NKU in 2007. He is currently pursuing Master’s of Arts in Education degree Prior to arriving in Covington, Mr. Murray has served as an active clinician, para-professional and composer/arranger for numerous schools through the Midwest. Most recently he helped guide Lloyd Memorial High School to two state finals appearances (2005-2006, 2nd Place both times) and George Rogers Clark High School to a 5th Place finish in 2007. He is also a member of several organizations including the International Tuba Euphonium Association, the Kentucky Music Education Association, and is an alumni member of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia professional men's music fraternity. Doesn't tell how old he is but he graduated from NKU in 2007. So I'd guess in his late 20s best case. You ALWAYS have to watch out for those International Tuba Euphonium Association types.
October 10, 201312 yr You ALWAYS have to watch out for those International Tuba Euphonium Association types. One time at band camp...
October 10, 201312 yr Parents - talk to your children and be viligant with protecting them. Start early while they listen. For every one of these situations that we hear and read about, there are others that have not come to the surface. There is a lot of evil in the world. It is worth the risk of being seen as nosy and snooping in their business. Sage advice.
October 10, 201312 yr You ALWAYS have to watch out for those International Tuba Euphonium Association types.That's so funny; I was thinking the same thing! Those guys are hell raisers...and man do they know how to party. :lol2:
October 10, 201312 yr I'm guessing the teacher is the guy on the right and he looks 40ish the other guy is too well dressed like a slickster lawyer lol
October 10, 201312 yr Is sending text messages, especially not explicitly sexual (clearly the sexual nature is implied), to a minor a crime? I'm asking, because I seriously don't know. I'm assuming that's all the article meant. While he may not have broken any laws, his behavior has cost him his job. Definitely not worded very well. I'd imagine that if you are a coach and you text your players' "No practice today", it's no different than calling them at home or sending them an email. Of course, the difference here would be that there is a reason for the message and it isn't being sent to just one student, but probably most of the team, etc. Even if it isn't a crime, I'd imagine most schools have a broadly worded "Code of Conduct" that teachers need to abide by, and texting a student back and forth just to chit-chat probably falls under some definition of "Unprofessional Conduct", or something similar and is kind of asking for trouble. Even if it's not against a policy, you know you are opening the door to problems that COULD occur, and in that case, things like texts (especially when others don't receive them) don't look good.
October 10, 201312 yr I'd imagine that if you are a coach and you text your players' "No practice today", it's no different than calling them at home or sending them an email. Of course, the difference here would be that there is a reason for the message and it isn't being sent to just one student, but probably most of the team, etc. Even if it isn't a crime, I'd imagine most schools have a broadly worded "Code of Conduct" that teachers need to abide by, and texting a student back and forth just to chit-chat probably falls under some definition of "Unprofessional Conduct", or something similar and is kind of asking for trouble. Even if it's not against a policy, you know you are opening the door to problems that COULD occur, and in that case, things like texts (especially when others don't receive them) don't look good. I'm not familiar with what the rules are, but I'd say stay away from texting all together. Use Twitter instead for announcements like that so that there is a public record.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.