Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teacher to student texts... Wow!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 78
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In no way were those texts meant to be in a "father figure" manner.

 

 

I would also like to know the age if the teacher. I mean if he was like 22 or 23 then I could understand it from a personal standpoint. But still as a teacher you have to know not to get involved like that. Just a bad situation.

 

However in some parts of Kentucky and West Virginia they would pass. :lol2:

However in some parts of Kentucky and West Virginia they would pass. :lol2:
Hey, easy now.. :irked:
  • Author

Granted I don't know anything about the situation but with the teacher sending those texts he should have faded off into the night instead of hiring and attorney and drawing attention to himself.

 

Jared Murray is his name according to the article and I have some free advice. Mr. Murray, you will NEVER get any support in the court of public opinion so you need to find an exit strategy immediately. And in case you are not grasping the concept, the same people that make up the court of public opinion make up any jury you will face.

What in the hell is this line in the article trying to say:

 

"Even if the text messages do not warrant a criminal charge, they cost a well-liked and respected member of the Holmes faculty his job."

 

No... he cost himself the job. I don't know if they mean it how it comes off in black-and-white, but really, that line could have used some work considering the "well-liked and respected" usage.

So am I correct in saying the list of horny teachers in NKY is now Highlands, Holmes and Dixie?

This is a sad story on several levels.

What the hell is in the school lunches in NKY?

What the hell is in the school lunches in NKY?

 

Whatever it is, it was not in them back when I was in school. :D

Holmes High School Band: Band Staff

 

DIRECTOR OF BANDS

Jared Murray

[email protected]

 

Mr. Murray is in his third year as Director of Bands of both Holmes High School and Middle School. Previously he served as the band director at Holmes Middle School. During his tenure at Holmes the bands have received numerous awards, distinguished, and proficient ratings He received his Bachelor of Music in Music Education degree from NKU in 2007. He is currently pursuing Master’s of Arts in Education degree

 

Prior to arriving in Covington, Mr. Murray has served as an active clinician, para-professional and composer/arranger for numerous schools through the Midwest. Most recently he helped guide Lloyd Memorial High School to two state finals appearances (2005-2006, 2nd Place both times) and George Rogers Clark High School to a 5th Place finish in 2007. He is also a member of several organizations including the International Tuba Euphonium Association, the Kentucky Music Education Association, and is an alumni member of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia professional men's music fraternity.

 

Doesn't tell how old he is but he graduated from NKU in 2007. So I'd guess in his late 20s best case.

What in the hell is this line in the article trying to say:

 

"Even if the text messages do not warrant a criminal charge, they cost a well-liked and respected member of the Holmes faculty his job."

 

No... he cost himself the job. I don't know if they mean it how it comes off in black-and-white, but really, that line could have used some work considering the "well-liked and respected" usage.

 

:thumb: Agreed! Nobody to blame but himself. I hope the Holmes community realizes this and bounces back. I have always been impressed with the Holmes band at games. Seems like a lot of participation and enthusiasm with those band students. Hope they find a replacement soon so the tradition can continue.

I assume there is no father around, is that what I'm to presume by the home life comment?

 

For the record, I'd have a face to face with that cat if I was the father.

What in the hell is this line in the article trying to say:

 

"Even if the text messages do not warrant a criminal charge, they cost a well-liked and respected member of the Holmes faculty his job."

 

No... he cost himself the job. I don't know if they mean it how it comes off in black-and-white, but really, that line could have used some work considering the "well-liked and respected" usage.

 

Is sending text messages, especially not explicitly sexual (clearly the sexual nature is implied), to a minor a crime? I'm asking, because I seriously don't know.

 

I'm assuming that's all the article meant. While he may not have broken any laws, his behavior has cost him his job. Definitely not worded very well.

So am I correct in saying the list of horny teachers in NKY is now Highlands, Holmes and Dixie?

 

Pendelton county as well if you want to count a para-professional coach and allegedly Bellevue but she got off on her charges.

Pendelton county as well if you want to count a para-professional coach and allegedly Bellevue but she got off on her charges.

 

Grants former Band Director as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.