Why the fascination with Zombies?

I think the "theme" or whatever of the Labor Day fireworks was Zombies and there was a Zombie walk on the Riverfront......

And there is some commercial on now for cell phones or something with a Zombie.....

And about every other weekend a new Zombie movie opens...........

I just do not get it? What is it about Zombies that people like?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goes in cycles.

We've had Slasher flicks, werewolves, vampires, & now zombies. I really think that has the most to do with it. But another part of it is that The Walking Dead has been such a phenomenal television show. Another part of it is the apocalyptic atmosphere that is always prevalent in zombie movies.

People are funny. During the vampire peak, I had a 42yo female patient who wanted fangs. Not some over the counter ones, I'm talking top shelf ceramic. So, $4200 in cash later, I made her a lovely set of fangs.

How were you able to not bust out laughing at her when she asked for them? I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face.

How were you able to not bust out laughing at her when she asked for them? I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face.

I thought once I dropped the bottom line I'd run her off. No dice. I did have to talk to the lab tech and tell him the story though. :lol2:

Zombies are stupid. And the people that prepare for the "zombie apocalypse" are even more stupid...

Disagree as to statement one. Agreed as to statement two... It's pretty ridiculous.

George Romero's original zombie films were brilliant social commentary. To my mind, the best genre fiction/films/TV do that: shine a light on the present human condition by using an outrageous setting to highlight it. That aspect of the zombie genre is still there. The Walking Dead is one giant unflattering commentary on what the writers believe human beings are capable of when the world they're accustomed to suddenly comes crashing down.