Highlands vs. Trinity

Who wins?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No that game was the 1st game for Bob Beatty at Trinity and Brian Brohm was a freshman.. HHS 36 Rocks 29.. HHS had Lorenzen and Smith.

Trinity lost to Male 34-14 in state final... Male put it to us.

Remember that game against Highlands well... and not fondly.

Geoff Riddle was the starting QB that year. Brohm would take over as a sophomore and start for three seasons. That state final in the snow in 2000... good heavens. Male was LOADED that year.

No that game was the 1st game for Bob Beatty at Trinity and Brian Brohm was a freshman.. HHS 36 Rocks 29.. HHS had Lorenzen and Smith.

Trinity lost to Male 34-14 in state final... Male put it to us.

Lorenzen and Smith had departed I believe. It was Gidugli (sp?) and a team that many Bird fans would put as equal to the Lorenzen/Smith combos.

Lorenzen and Smith had departed I believe. It was Gidugli (sp?) and a team that many Bird fans would put as equal to the Lorenzen/Smith combos.

That is correct....Gino Guiduli & Brett Hamblem were the deadly combo that at one time in that Trinity game were up 28 points in that game. This is no lie but HHS pulled their starters at half and then Trinity mounted a pretty impressive comeback only to see HHS to reinstall their starters to seal the win. It almost backfired!!! The game was really never in question. Why do I say that, because it was 35-7 at one time in the 1st half. And as someone else mentioned that was Beautty'a first game as Trinity's coach. I highly doubt that HHS would ever be up on Trinity by that margin ever again. A totally different program today...IMO!!!!

I think we are just blessed to participate on any game/scrimmage with a program like Trinity..

Geoff Riddle was the starting QB that year. Brohm would take over as a sophomore and start for three seasons. That state final in the snow in 2000... good heavens. Male was LOADED that year.

Interesting trivia.....the Highlands game, was the one and only time that Coach Beatty has worn shorts during a game, while at Trinity.

I heard there was some talk among the coaches about putting frosh Brohm in during the second half of the Male game. But it never happened.

Maybe I was around a little more then, than now.....lol

I guess.

Don't you think it is time to update your location? Joker's gone and the game is only a few weeks away. Not quite sure what type of play on words you can do with Stoops though.

Will there be broadcasts of the scrimmage?

If the game is at Trinity, which I believe it is, I would have to think it will be. If the game is at Highlands, I am not sure since I do not know if they broadcast their scrimmages.