It's official...

This is just an testament to the quality of HS football in the State of KY imo.

It just happens that the two big dogs are representing the Commonwealth but both teams are playing not just for themselves but for the entire state.

There are a handful of other teams from Ky imo that could easily be competing in both matchups and most probably would hold their own if not win.

This is a great two days of football for the state of KY and both Highlands and Trinity will represent the state well...:thumb:

The HHS Bowling Green matchup would be great, but Dale can not only coach, but he knows how to manipulate the schedule to get MAXIMUM NATIONAL EXPOSURE for the program and players. When comparing teams that do not meet on the field, the first thing I look at is the strength of schedule. If HHS plays BG in the first game of the season, IMO, ESPN doesn't come calling, and just another KY team beating another KY team no matter who wins. We all know what outsiders think about KY high school football. Congrats to both teams for being invited to the show. The hard work over the years is now paying off big time.This post is in no way knocking any other football programs in the state, as there are several teams making huge steps of advancing to the elite status.

Trinity is playing defending TN private school champion Ensworth and Highlands is playing University Christian form Jacksonville FL

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

I need to talk with you, within the week......PM me please.

I looked at Univ. Christians roster a few months ago from this past season, and if all of the information was correct they only had roughly 45 boys on the varsity roster which included freshman. If that was the case, I'd expect HHS to win fairly handedly.

The HHS Bowling Green matchup would be great, but Dale can not only coach, but he knows how to manipulate the schedule to get MAXIMUM NATIONAL EXPOSURE for the program and players. When comparing teams that do not meet on the field, the first thing I look at is the strength of schedule. If HHS plays BG in the first game of the season, IMO, ESPN doesn't come calling, and just another KY team beating another KY team no matter who wins. We all know what outsiders think about KY high school football. Congrats to both teams for being invited to the show. The hard work over the years is now paying off big time.This post is in no way knocking any other football programs in the state, as there are several teams making huge steps of advancing to the elite status.

I should have been more clear in initial post,

What I meant was Highlands and T are indeed the two big dogs playing both UC and Ensworth respectfully.

However, both BG and Lou St X could just as easily been those chosen to play in these games and they could both easily be the schools representing the state.

I agree that an Highlands vs BG matchup most likely not be TV worthy...

Now I think you would agree that a Highlands vs T matchup might get some looks, but the again as you and I have stated before Dale is a really smart coach...:thumb: