Logan Midwest NUC top 100 camp

Knights

LexCath rb Marcelis Logan attended the invite only nuc 100 midwest camp recently and walked away with some hardware- Running Back MVP and Fastest man award. They spoke glowingly of him

Marcelis Logan, RB, Lexington Catholic, KY (2014)

5-8/170, 4.44 40, 4.16 Shuttle, 32 Vertical, 12 reps 185

Assets: This Whirling Dervish took the camp by storm by running the fastest 40-yard dash of the day. But he was more than a missile on the football field. Logan could change directions on a dime and accelerate from zero to top end speed in a blink of an eye. His athleticism was just too much for the linebackers to handle during the one-on-ones. He was then able to flash soft hands by reeling in every pass thrown his way. Logan is the quintessential all-purpose back and his skill set is ideal for returning punts at the next level. He walked away from this camp with two awards RB MVP and Fastest Man.

Development: It is unfathomable that this prospect does not have any DI offers. If I am a MAC school I would just cherry pick this kid from the Bluegrass State. Logan will need to add about 10 to 15 pounds of muscle mass while maintaining his overall athleticism. Outside of that he is definitely a DI prospect

NUC Ultimate 100: Midwest Top Performers Day 3 - Coach Dave Schuman Presents: National Underclassmen (NUC) Football Combines, Recruiting & Football Showcase

He looked good from what I saw that day, but to be honest I spent most of my time watching the big men. Kagen Skidmore of Somerset also attended the camp and took the OL MVP award. The camp was very well organized and all of the award winners had pretty good reviews.

Kagen Skidmore, OL, Somerset, KY (2014)

K. Skidmore - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Testing: 6-1/290, 21 Vertical, 23 reps 185

Assets: Skidmore just looks the part of a DI OC/OG with his wide shoulders, barrel chest and powerful two handed punch. He has the size, strength and girth to combat huge interior defensive linemen. No lineman was more brutal during the one-on-ones then Skidmore. He pummeled the competition with quick feet, good knee bend and superior hand placement. He played with extreme aggression that he kept in check throughout the camp. Every defender wanted to challenge Skidmore only to come away beaten and broken. For his spectacular day Skidmore earned OL MVP.

Development: This kid has what it takes to play at the DI level. College coaches that alarmed by height are making a huge mistake. They need to throw that out the window. He has superior body structure and is a technician as a pass blocker. I can see his stock rising if he picks the right camps to attend the rest of the summer.

Offers: Eastern Kentucky